Performers' Blacklisting Lawsuit Against Meta Dismissed by Judge

Performers' Blacklisting Lawsuit Against Meta Dismissed by Judge

SAN FRANCISCO — A federal judge in California dismissed this week the lawsuit filed by three performers in 2022 claiming that Meta conspired with OnlyFans to blacklist rival premium fan platforms’ talent.

The dismissal occurred two weeks before the case was due to go to trial.

As XBIZ reported, in May, Adult Performance Artists Guild board officers Alana Evans, Kelly Pierce and Ruby filed the civil lawsuit in February 2022 against OnlyFans and its owner, as well as against Meta, the parent company of Instagram and Facebook. The suit replicated claims from an earlier lawsuit filed on behalf of FanCentro in November 2021, alleging a conspiracy to engage in “tortious interference with contract and intentional interference with prospective business.”

U.S. District Judge William Alsup issued a written ruling granting Meta’s motion for summary judgment “because the professional adult entertainers who brought the suit had not produced the evidence necessary to support their case,” legal news site Law360 reported.

“There is no claim left to try,” the judge wrote. “Given that plaintiffs have been unable to produce the predicate data to move past the summary-judgment stage, judgment shall be entered accordingly.”

Although Alsup said during a May hearing that the tech giant’s lack of archiving of its “Dangerous Organizations and Individuals” (DOI) list sounded “nefarious,” his dismissal stated that ultimately “the plaintiffs have developed no proof sufficient to go to a jury on any of these claims.”

Since March, the plaintiffs have been seeking to drop the lawsuit, telling the court that “based on the information Meta defendants provided, the information essential to plaintiffs’ class allegations is not available,” making further discovery efforts “futile.” This was after Meta informed them that the company “found no evidence that any competitor platform was currently on the list, or had been nominated for inclusion,” according to the plaintiffs’ motion.

Until this week’s ruling, the plaintiffs were seeking to drop the suit in such a way as to leave open the possibility of future antitrust claims. Disputing this, Meta asked the judge to instead issue a summary judgment in the company’s favor, which was granted this week.

Alsup wrote that he had no choice but to grant Meta’s motion for summary judgment “in spite of and not because of the questionable record keeping.”

“We were not expecting this at all,” Evans told XBIZ. “We have been in settlement talks with Instagram for the last few months, but when they refused to include any other performers in the settlement, we weren’t willing to leave the rest of our class behind, so we were looking forward to going to trial in mid-October. We’re really shocked and disappointed by the judge’s decision.”

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pearl Industry Network Launches 'TrustLink' Verification Platform for Creators

Trade group Pearl Industry Network (PiN) has launched TrustLink, its free verification platform for creators.

UPDATED: Supreme Court Rejects Tariffs, Trump Responds

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday ruled against the Trump administration’s sweeping tariffs, which have significantly impacted the pleasure industry, prompting the president to announce a new tariff strategy as a workaround.

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Cherie DeVille Joins Woodhull Freedom Foundation 'Free Speech' Panel

Multi-XMAs winner Cherie DeVille will join the upcoming Woodhull Freedom Foundation panel series "Fact Checked by Woodhull," addressing free speech on Feb. 26.

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research firm SWR Data has published a report on clip platform performance and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Show More