OnlyFans CEO Hits Back Against Sensationalist Allegations by BBC Reporter

OnlyFans CEO Hits Back Against Sensationalist Allegations by BBC Reporter

LONDON — OnlyFans CEO Amrapali “Ami” Gan has rebutted allegations of child exploitation in a sensationalist advocacy piece by an anti-porn BBC reporter, defending the site as “truly the safest and most inclusive social-media platform.”

Noel Titheradge, the BBC senior investigative journalist who penned the attack piece, has a history of targeting adult platforms to stoke moral panic. Last year, Titheradge claimed credit for policy changes within OnlyFans, only for the BBC to quietly edit his headline away from his claims when challenged via Twitter.

Last week, Titheradge unveiled another damning “report” about OnlyFans, this one purportedly based on information attributed to an anonymous “U.S. agent.”

An OnlyFans rep told Business Insider, “When the BBC raised this anonymous claim, we asked them for evidence to enable us to investigate, determine if it was true, and to take appropriate action to protect people online. The BBC refused to provide any details or evidence preventing OnlyFans from investigating this claim.”

The BBC did not respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.

Gan told the BBC that OnlyFans “actively” works with law enforcement.

“If anyone makes the mistake thinking they can upload illegal content, we will report them,” Gan told the U.K.’s public news outfit. “We're truly the safest and most inclusive social-media platform.”

A BBC Reporter With Questionable Methods and Claims

Last year, on the day OnlyFans announced its short-lived porn ban, the BBC published a piece by Titheradge, which claimed without offering clear evidence that OnlyFans was seeing a “proliferation” of illegal content.

Titheradge tweeted his story out, boasting that it was he and his investigation that had resulted in the ban. BBC News editors later quietly changed the headline of the piece from “OnlyFans: Platform to ban sex videos after BBC investigation” to “OnlyFans: How it handles illegal videos — BBC investigation.”

Neither Titheradge nor the BBC ran a correction statement at the time.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Show More