FBI Operated Child Porn Site to Nab Pedophiles

OMAHA, Neb. — The FBI seized and ran an online child pornography service late last year in an attempt to identify and prosecute its customers, SFGate reported yesterday.

The website exhibited thousands of images showing children being raped, displayed and abused and hosted message threads like,  “How to lure a child in my car,” “Meeting other pedos in real life,” and “Do kids LIKE anal sex?” Upon closure, the site had 5,600 users and 24,000 posts.

Nebraska-based FBI agents seized the service, referred to only as “Website A” in a search warrant affidavit, on Nov. 16 and continued to operate it until Dec. 2, when it was shut down.  A Seattle special agent told the court that the Bureau kept the site open in order to monitor messages from users. A U.S. District Court judge in Nebraska authorized law enforcement agents to track down the site’s user on Nov. 9.   

“There have been past investigations that I am aware of where law enforcement has operated undercover, posed as members and even have become moderators of such boards allowing them to remain active while information and evidence is gathered,” Tim Henning, the executive director of the ASACP, told XBIZ. “This is the first time I am aware of that a federal law enforcement agency has actually taken complete control of such a board and allowed it to operate for the purpose of information gathering.”

Complicating the case is the fact that federal prosecutors often invoke the sentiment that every time child pornography is shared, the child is abused again. This line of reasoning has been used in court to refute the notion that the consumer’s role in child pornography is victimless.  

While Website A operated under the arm of federal agents, its users continued to swap illicit images of children and access similar images stored on its database.

“The question here is, do the ends justify the means?” Henning said. “Did investigators weigh the damage to child victims whose images were allowed to be disseminated amongst the board’s members, while the board was under the control of the FBI, against the need to identify those board members that may continue to harm children if left unidentified?”

Accoring to SFGate, the FBI declined to comment on the Omaha branch’s motivations to operate the site, but court records indicate that investigators were not able to trace Website A’s users using “traditional means.”

Because the investigation is ongoing, local court rules and Department of Justice policy restrict discussion or release of information about the case. No one has been publicly prosecuted in relation to the investigation as of yet.

If charges are filed, they will become a matter of public record.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More