Four Child Porn Suspects Commit Suicide

SYDNEY, Australia – As the number of suspects continues to rise sharply in the largest child porn sweep in Australia's history, four suspects have reportedly committed suicide.

After being interviewed by authorities on their involvement with a child porn ring that has so far rendered more than 500 suspects, the four men were later found dead in their homes in Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia, a local newspaper reported. The fourth man was found dead in his car in Stratford.

Child porn task force officials with Operation Auxin have filed charges against 200 of the 500 people suspected of involvement in a network that included fellow police officers, teachers, clergy, senior defense officials and government officials in possession of a range of illegal material, still shots, streaming videos and child sex tourism information, police said.

Police have reported that some of the images in question were of toddlers that had generated from a website controlled by Russian mafia. Some of the people arrested reportedly had child pornography libraries in excess of 250,000 images and what appeared to be home studios designed to produce child pornography.

The raid occurred last week in a broad sweep of more than 400 homes, officials reported at the time, and more raids are expected sometime next week. Police have said that an estimated 700 suspects remain at large as the investigation continues.

A tip-off to U.S. customs about child pornography on the Internet produced 95,000 leads worldwide at the start of this year, said Mick Keelty, Australian Federal Police Commissioner. In many cases, the money trail led to a Belarus company called RegPay, formally Trustbill, that processed paid memberships to dozens of child porn websites.

"This operation has provided us information in the order of in excess of 500 Australians accessing the material," Keelty said. "It's almost certain that there will be further arrests."

Australian Prime Minister John Howard expressed shock Friday at the extent of child porn in Australia.

"The thing that perhaps shocks me most of all is the way in which it has spread across different sections of the community," Howard was quoted as saying.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

STD Hero Joins Pineapple Support as Sponsor

Better Life Science brand STD Hero has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

2026 XBIZ Miami Speaker, Open-Floor Conversation Guide Lineup Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full speaker lineup for XBIZ Miami, the latest edition of the adult industry’s premier summer conference, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in Miami Beach.

Show More