Netherlands Government Continues Porn Probe Following Abuse Allegations

Netherlands Government Continues Porn Probe Following Abuse Allegations

AMSTERDAM — The Dutch government plans to continue investigating the local porn industry in the Netherlands, following a series of abuse allegations involving photographer and self-styled “model scout” Daniël van der W.

According to a June report by Dutch news source De Volkskrant, Van der W. “recruited hundreds of women, mainly from the Czech Republic, for the production of porn and forced prostitution over a period of twenty years.” De Volkskrant characterized the allegations against Van der W. as “exploitation” and “trafficking.”

The same outlet reported this week that in 2023, the government conducted an investigation into alleged “abuses in the porn world,” which concluded with no official charges being brought.

Opposition MP Harmen Krul lambasted the government, decrying what he termed the “disgusting incompatibility” between the 2023 investigation and the June report.

“It has now become apparent that such abuses also occur in the Dutch environment,” Krul said, “while the minister had previously vehemently denied this.”

Minister of Justice David van Weel said he will instruct the WODC, his agency’s research and data center, to conduct a more in-depth investigation into possible abuses.

The investigation into the local adult industry comes amid a tightening of sex-work laws in the country, with the new cabinet favoring raising the age for legal prostitution from 18 to 21.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More