University Committee Meets to Decide Fate of Wisconsin Professor Who Posted on OnlyFans

University Committee Meets to Decide Fate of Wisconsin Professor Who Posted on OnlyFans

LA CROSSE, Wis. — The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse has held a hearing to decide the fate of a veteran University of Wisconsin professor, who was removed from his post as chancellor last year due to unremorsefully creating and appearing in adult content.

As XBIZ reported, professor of communications Joe Gow was fired as chancellor on the recommendation of Universities of Wisconsin President Jay Rothman, who called the professor’s actions — including posting adult videos with his wife on their OnlyFans account — “abhorrent.”

Rothman told Gow in December that he was also initiating a process to challenge his tenured faculty position in communication studies.

“To retain my tenure, I need to defend myself before a faculty tribunal,” Gow wrote in a recent piece about his situation for the Chronicle of Higher Education. “I look forward to doing so.”

At the tribunal, Wade Harrison, senior legal counsel for the Universities of Wisconsin, said the school “has cause to remove former Chancellor Joe Gow from his faculty position, including unethical behavior and insubordination,” Wisconsin Public Radio reported.

Harrison laid out the case for removing Gow in front of a faculty senate committee during the first day of the two-day hearing process.

Gow delivered an opening statement in his own defense, calling the administration’s charges “irrelevant, inconsequential, misleading, distorted and downright false.”

“Tenure is based on the quality of one’s teaching, research and service,” Gow noted. “These bogus charges have nothing to do with that and they raise the question: do faculty have the right to engage in free speech in their personal lives, particularly on contemporary social media?”

Main Image: University of Wisconsin communications professor Joe Gow, with wife Carmen Wilson and performer Lauren Phillips

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More