Oron.com Taps Legal Defense, Averts Default in Flava Works Case

CHICAGO — A federal judge has withdrawn Flava Works' motion for default judgment against defunct file-locker site Oron.com after it tapped a Chicago law firm to represent it over copyright infringement charges.

Since the suit was filed in July, Oron has not responded to Flava Works' claims for unspecified damages.

Now, U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman has given newly appointed Oron counsel 28 days to respond to Flava Works' claims that it allowed distributing of its interracial gay content on the site.

Attorneys Charles Mudd Jr. and Mark Petrolis of the Chicago-based Mudd Law Offices informed the court last week that they will represent Oron in the file-locker site's third matter over copyright infringement charges.

Oron and its operators settled similar infringement allegations with Corbin Fisher and currently is locked in another infringement battle with Raging Stallion/Falcon's corporate patent DataTech.

The Mudd Law Offices is no stranger to the adult entertainment biz.

The  firm has waged a number of porn BitTorrent cases against more than 1,000 John Doe defendants on behalf of adult distributors First Time Videos, Hard Drive Productions, MCGIP and Open Mind Solutions. 

The firm also has acted as counsel in defense of a party involved in the MyVidster case. In that case, the social video bookmarking site that was sued by Flava Works for embedding copyright-infringing versions of Flava Works content.

Mudd and Petrolis didn't respond to XBIZ by post time relative to Oron's first steps in defending itself in the case.

But Philip Bleicher told XBIZ that despite Gettleman's decision to continue the case because Oron now has counsel, he's adamant on seeing the case through.

"Our attorney, Meanith Huon,  is excellent at this type of litigation and we intend to carry this lawsuit through to completion," Bleicher said.

In the suit, Flava Works has asked the court for Oron to be found liable for direct copyright infringement, contributory copyright infringement and inducement of copyright infringement. 

It asks for statutory, compensatory and punitive damages, as well as a permanent injunction and temporary restraining order against the defendants.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More