Francis Released From Nev. Jail on $1.5M Bail

RENO, Nev. — Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis was released from prison today after posting $1.5 million bail. He reportedly will give up access to his private plane, surrender his passport and only travel to Los Angeles, Reno and Florida until his charges are resolved.

Francis was relocated to the Nevada jail last month after a federal judge ruled that his $20 million tax-fraud charges took precedence over those he had been held for at the time in Florida. In April, Francis turned himself in to Panama City, Fla., officials for contempt of court, ready to serve 35 days.

U.S. Magistrate Robert A. McQuaid issued Francis' bail order Monday, and his lawyer Aaron Dyer told TMZ.com that he was very pleased with the decision, and that the court made a thorough examination of the facts in order to make it.

"The court ruled that the conditions of Mr. Francis' bail were sufficient to compel Mr. Francis to appear in court and to comply with court orders," Dyer said. "Now this allows us to address the issue of bail in his Florida case."

U.S. Attorney spokeswoman Natalie Collins told E! Online that the Reno federal court previously had considered Francis a flight risk and hadn't allowed him to post bail until Francis' lawyers had worked out the terms of his release with Florida authorities.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

Judge Dismisses NCOSE-Backed Suits Against Adult Sites Over Kansas AV Law

A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed lawsuits brought against two adult websites in Kansas for alleged violations of the state’s age verification law.

Aylo/SWOP Panel Spotlights Creators' Struggle for Digital, Financial Rights

Aylo and Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) Behind Bars presented, on Tuesday, an online panel on creators’ rights, debanking and deplatforming.

AV Bulletin: Canada, Italy, Australia Updates

Since the Supreme Court’s decision in Free Speech Coalition v. Paxton, more state age verification laws have been enacted around the United States, as well as proposed at the federal level and in other countries. This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Virginia 'Porn Tax' Bill Delayed Until 2027

A Virginia House of Delegates subcommittee on Monday voted to postpone until next year consideration of a bill that would impose a 10% tax on the gross receipts of adult websites doing business in that state.

Virginia Becomes Latest State to Weigh 'Porn Tax'

The Virginia House of Delegates is considering a bill that would impose a 10% tax on the gross receipts of adult websites doing business in that state.

Show More