Mo. Official Resigns After Sex Talk Allegations With Teen

JEFFERSON CITY, MO.— Gubernatorial candidate Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder forced his chief of staff, Eric Wayne Feltner, to resign following news that Feltner has been charged with furnishing pornographic materials to a minor.

According to the Springfield News-Leader, Feltner was charged after allegedly engaging in sexually explicit conversations online with an undercover officer posing as a 13-year-old girl.

County prosecutors filed two class C misdemeanor charges against Feltner last month for incidents that took place during an online sting operation on May 25, 2007, and July 6, 2007.

Feltner became Kinder's chief of staff in December after two and a half years of serving as deputy lieutenant governor.

"I have too much respect for you to allow the unresolved nature of this situation [to] be a distraction to the job you do every day," Feltner wrote in his resignation letter to Kinder.

The Springfield-Leader reported Feltner allegedly contacted an undercover police officer on Yahoo Instant Messenger using the screen name "thebestinmo," and engaged in sexually explicit conversations with the officer who posed as an underage teen.

"The suspect knew that I was only 13 years old because of prior chat conversations on Yahoo Messenger," Jefferson City police Det. Chad Stieferman said.

The detective said Feltner, thinking he was chatting with a young girl, asked, "when the last time I masturbated was and then told me I need to try masturbating over the phone.”

Kinder's decision to ask Feltner for his resignation came after inquires about Feltner's charges by the media. "This morning, shortly after my director of communications notified me of inquires to my office regarding the filing of charges against Eric Feltner," Kinder said. "At my immediate request, Mr. Feltner delivered to me his letter of resignation as chief of staff of my office."

Feltner is scheduled to be arraigned June 27.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

FSC Announces 2025 Board of Directors Election Nominees

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has announced the nominees for its 2025 Board of Directors election.

Canada Exempts Online Adult Content From 'CanCon' Quotas

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has updated its broadcasting regulatory policies, exempting streaming adult content from “made in Canada” requirements that apply to other online material.

Creator Law Firm 'OnlyFirm' Launches

Entertainment attorney Alex Lonstein has officially launched OnlyFirm.com for creators.

German Court Puts Pornhub, YouPorn 'Network Ban' on Hold

The Administrative Court of Düsseldorf has temporarily blocked the State Media Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia (LfM) from forcing telecom providers to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

FSC: NC Law Invalidating Model Contracts Takes Effect December 1

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has issued a notice that North Carolina's Prevent Exploitation of Women and Minors Act goes into effect on December 1.

NYC Adult Businesses Seek SCOTUS Appeal in Zoning Case

Attorneys representing a group of New York City adult businesses are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear an appeal of a lower court’s decision allowing enforcement of a 2001 zoning law aimed at forcing adult retail stores out of most parts of New York City.

Ofcom Investigates More Sites in Wake of AV Traffic Shifts

U.K. media regulator Ofcom has launched investigations into 20 more adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act.

xHamster Settles Texas AV Lawsuit, Pays $120,000

Hammy Media, parent company of xHamster, has settled a lawsuit brought by the state of Texas over alleged noncompliance with the state’s age verification law, agreeing to pay a $120,000 penalty.

Show More