Ira Isaacs' 3rd Obscenity Trial Begins Monday

LOS ANGELES — Ira Isaacs says there will be more twists and turns in his third federal obscenity trial, which begins Monday at federal court in downtown Los Angeles.

"It should be more interesting that the last one," Isaacs, the fetish filmmaker, told XBIZ. "The government really wants to win its case, and so do I."

In March, jurors were declared deadlocked 10 to 2 in favor of convicting Isaacs over charges he produced, sold and transported obscene material, including the movies "Mako’s First Time Scat," "Hollywood Scat Amateurs #7," "Hollywood Scat Amateurs #1" and "Japanese Doggie 3 Way."

The government has decided to retry the case a third time after two mistrials.

Isaacs, who operates Stolen Car Films, LA Media and a number of websites, says he couldn't disclose much of his strategy in the case to XBIZ because prosecutors are closely reading what is written about the case.

"But there will be new testimony," said Isaacs, who now calls himself an "expert defendant" after surviving a pair of earlier obscenity prosecutions. "And there will be new strategies based on earlier moves [by the prosecution]."

Isaacs met yesterday with his lawyer, Roger Jon Diamond, and federal prosecutors Michael Grant and Damon King during a pre-trial hearing before U.S. District Judge George King.

At the hearing, Isaacs withdrew designation of any expert witnesses for his defense and each party was given a copy of proposed jury questionnaires.

Isaacs hinted to XBIZ that he would take the stand in his own defense, saying he may "give the jury a lesson in art" and telegraph to them that "if the artist says it's art, it's art."

The fetish filmmaker all along has contended that the works he has been charged with have artistic value and can't be deemed obscene.

The two jurors who voted against conviction in his second trial in March were women, including a 75-year-old who wore a Christmas-themed sweater with snowmen through the trial and later told Isaacs that her late husband was a maker of horror films, and that she found artistic value in the movies.

Isaacs first trial was put on hold in 2010 after federal appellate Judge Alex Kozinski, a visiting judge at the district court, recused himself after it was revealed that he used a website to distribute sexually explicit photos and videos.

Later, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided that Kozinski exercised “sound discretion” in declaring a mistrial in the Isaacs case because of “extraordinary circumstances.”

But federal prosecutors continued on with the case against Isaacs and last year made a superseding indictment to add five more counts to the original five from 2007. Prosecutors later narrowed the charges down to five.

When trial begins on Monday, a pool of 130 potential jurors will be given questionnaires in the case. From that pool, 16 jurors will be chosen, including four alternates.

"It will be an exciting trial with twists and turns," Isaacs said. "Come on down and see the action."  

The case, U.S. vs. Isaacs, begins Monday at 8:30 a.m. at U.S. District Court 312 N. Spring St., Los Angeles. An XBIZ TV interview conducted with Isaacs in March after his second trial can be viewed here.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Meagan Moore Performs Her 1st Girl/Girl Scene for Bellesa Plus

Meagan Moore has performed in her first girl/girl scene alongside Violet Starr and Ryan Driller in the latest release from Bellesa Plus, titled “You Deserve This.”

Britt Ramsey Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Britt Ramsey stars with her husband Chad and multi-XMAs winner Alex Jones in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Hailey Rose Talks New 'Titwoman' Showcase for Elegant Angel

Keisha Gray, Angela White, Octavia Red, and Blake Blossom. These are the well-endowed women who have played the character of "Titwoman" for Elegant Angel.

Digital Playground Premieres Ricky Greenwood's Feature Comedy 'In The Bag'

Digital Playground has dropped “In The Bag,” a ‘70s-inspired comedy from multi-XMAs winner Ricky Greenwood.

Jasmine Sherni Performs 1st Gangbang for Brazzers

Jasmine Sherni performs her first gangbang in the latest Brazzers release, "Operation Open Wide."

Carmen Valentina Stars in Latest Release From FreeUse

Carmen Valentina stars in the latest POV release from FreeUse.

Phoenix Marie, Cory Chase Star in Latest From MILFY

Phoenix Marie and Cory Chase star with Dan Damage in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint MILFY.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

Show More