FSC Declares War on DOJ; Appeals to Webmasters for Donations

CHATSWORTH, Calif. – In keeping with its original plan to file two simultaneous lawsuits against the Justice Department once Attorney General Alberto Gonzales signed the new amendments to 2257 into law, the Free Speech Coalition announced this morning that it is headed to Federal District Court to protect the interests of the adult industry.

The FSC also is actively seeking donations, and effective today, is appealing to adult webmasters to help shoulder the cost of maintaining a potentially lengthy legal challenge with the U.S. Government.

"Now it's a race against time," industry attorney Greg Piccionelli told XBiz. "We basically have thirty days to do this and we must raise the money to appropriately challenge whatever the final regulations are that have been proposed. It is critical that everybody in every aspect of the business, even the strip club businesses, join together and dip into their pockets."

In October of last year, the FSC and a group of industry lawyers first announced their intention to sue the government if the new regulations became law and challenge the issue all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Piccionelli, Jeffrey Douglas, Lawrence Walters, Paul Cambria, Louis Sirkin, Reed Lee and Robert Sarno have all agreed to donate a substantial amount of their professional time to fight the amendments.

Gonzales gave final approval Tuesday on changes to current 2257 law, known officially as 18 U.S.C. § 2257, which will create a more stringent record-keeping process for proving that minors were not used in producing content of any type.

The rule signed by Gonzales is a provision of the Child Protection and Obscenity Enforcement Act and could become law within the next 30 days; however the specific language of the amended regulations remains unknown at this time.

FSC said in a statement that it intends to obtain a temporary restraining order and an injunction, challenging the law as unconstitutional.

According to the FSC's Executive Director Michelle Freridge, the revised 2257 law could "create an excessively burdensome paperwork system that may violate the privacy rights and personal safety of performers. On a practical level, many producers would find it difficult to comply with the highly technical requirements."

Freridge said that the purpose of filing two separate lawsuits, which will be filed through Paul Cambria and Louis Sirkin's respective law firms, is because there are so many issues with the amended regulations that addressing them all as part of one single lawsuit would be impossible.

The FSC will serve as the plaintiff in both lawsuits because it is a neutral party and does not distribute content and is also not subject to the requirements of 2257 record-keeping laws.

“Under the current unfriendly administration,” Freridge said “the law would become a tool for selective enforcement by the Justice Department and a technical trap for legal adult businesses that have no connection whatsoever to child pornography.”

The FSC has so far raised $50,000 and has $50,000 in matched funds. Freridge estimates the monies needed for the legal challenge against the DOJ at around $200,000, although she said it was difficult to determine how much money would be needed until it is clear what the final regulations are.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Appeals Court Upholds Section 230 Immunity in XVideos Case

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit has upheld a lower court’s ruling that Section 230 protects WebGroup Czech Republic from liability in a case involving user-uploaded CSAM on its tube sites.

JustFor.fans Wins Trademark Infringement Case Against Fraudulent Domain

The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has ruled in favor of fan site JustFor.fans in a case against a website using an infringing domain.

Aylo Moves to Settle Two 'Children of Pornhub' Class-Action Lawsuits

Aylo has agreed to terms for a settlement with the plaintiffs in two long-running class actions over allegations that former Pornhub parent company MindGeek knowingly allowed and profited from CSAM on its sites.

Tigerlilly Launches 'SugarCoatedSweethearts' Through PAYSITE

Tigerlilly has launched SugarCoatedSweethearts.com through PAYSITE.

ASACP Marks 30-Year Anniversary

ASACP is celebrating 30 years of operation, during which it has received over 1.3 million reports from web admins and the public about suspected child pornography.

AEBN Announces Isiah Maxwell as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2026

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2026, with Isiah Maxwell landing atop the leaderboard.

JMan Launches AI Companion Solution for Adult Websites

Online industry veteran JMan has launched Orkestrait, an AI companion solution designed specifically for adult websites.

Johnny Sins Launches 'Fangate' Platform for Account-Free Content Sales

Johnny Sins has officially launched Fangate, a platform that allows creators to sell content directly to fans without requiring a user account or subscription.

TSBlondieNYC Launches Official Website Through PAYSITE

TSBlondieNYC has launched an official website through PAYSITE.

Creator and Sexual Wellness Brand Marketplace Platform 'Teasr' Launches

Teasr, an online marketplace for creators and sexual wellness brands that focuses on live-selling and video product demonstrations, has officially launched.

Show More