Heritage Foundation Leader Doubles Down Defending Anti-Porn Project 2025

Heritage Foundation Leader Doubles Down Defending Anti-Porn Project 2025

WASHINGTON — Heritage Foundation and Project 2025 leader Kevin Roberts appeared on Fox News’ Special Report with Bret Baier on Wednesday to defend the controversial conservative initiative, which includes a call to criminalize the production and distribution of pornography.

As XBIZ reported in July, Roberts assumed full leadership of Project 2025 after its first director, Paul Dans, departed following mounting attention to the initiative’s most extreme proposals.

Over the last two months, the Trump campaign has issued several statements attempting to distance itself from Project 2025. The Republican presidential nominee has repeatedly denied that he was familiar with the initiative or even knows the many former Trump staffers directly associated with it.

Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris’ campaign has insisted that Project 2025 echoes Trump’s policy statements and that “hiding the 920-page blueprint from the American people doesn’t make it less real — in fact, it should make voters more concerned about what else Trump and his allies are hiding.”

During a short segment during Wednesday’s show, Fox News anchor Baier lobbed softball questions at Roberts, who doubled down on claims that Project 2025 is not necessarily connected to a particular party or candidate, and that criticisms of it are merely a distraction ploy “by the Left.”

Roberts also denied any direct connection between himself and the Trump campaign, claiming that Trump running mate J.D. Vance authoring the introduction to Roberts’ upcoming political book indicates only “a linkage between two friends.” 

Until July’s controversies, Project 2025 repeatedly claimed that it was planning to staff the next presidential administration in the event of a Trump victory.

Roberts also told Baier, “When the Left continues to mischaracterize, figuratively, we are going to punch them back.” This echoed previous violent language, such as Roberts stating, “We are in the process of the second American Revolution, which will remain bloodless if the left allows it to be.”

Outlawing All Pornography 'Through the Back Door'

Project 2025’s blueprint document for a 2025 conservative administration states that pornography “has no claim to First Amendment protection.”

“Its purveyors are child predators and misogynistic exploiters of women,” the document asserts. “Their product is as addictive as any illicit drug and as psychologically destructive as any crime. Pornography should be outlawed. The people who produce and distribute it should be imprisoned. Educators and public librarians who purvey it should be classed as registered sex offenders. And telecommunications and technology firms that facilitate its spread should be shuttered.”

Last month, CNN disclosed that one of Roberts’ closest colleagues, former Donald Trump staffer and Project 2025 co-author Russell Vought, told undercover reporters that the Heritage Foundation-led initiative has entered its second, more secretive phase with different tactics, including banning pornography “from the back door” through age verification legislation.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Show More