Cambodian Police Stage Mass Arrest of Alleged Porn Producers

Cambodian Police Stage Mass Arrest of Alleged Porn Producers

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia — Cambodian police on Tuesday arrested more than 30 Chinese nationals in Phnom Penh, charging them with producing adult content, which is illegal in the country.

The Ministry of Interior’s Penal Department Lieutenant Colonel Nuon Kimhong told the Khmer Times that the suspects were arrested after a night raid on an apartment building in the capital’s Boeng Keng Kang district. He said the raid was conducted after two Cambodian women allegedly reported being “persuaded by a group of Chinese to produce pornographic videos in exchange for money.”

Other sources, however, said that the police acted in response to “the leak of a pornographic film depicting Cambodian women and foreigners engaged in sexual activities, which had been widely shared and commented on social media.”

“The activities of these foreign suspects have affected the dignity of Cambodians, especially women,” said Secretary of State at the Ministry of Interior Chou Bun Eng. “So we cannot allow this crime, especially human trafficking to happen in Cambodia. For the new government and its Pentagonal Strategy Phase I, we have set the issue of ‘combating crime’ as a priority task.”

All aspects of producing and distributing pornography are heavily criminalized in Cambodia, as are all forms of sex work, under a draconian “Law on Suppression of Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation” enacted in 2008.

Article 39 of the law mandates prison time and a fine not only for production or distribution, but even for possession of adult content.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

AEBN Publishes Report on DP Trends

AEBN has published a report on DP and extreme penetration categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Free Speech Coalition Appoints Megan Stokes to Board of Directors

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has appointed Megan Stokes to its Board of Directors.

FansRevenue Acquires DivaTraffic

FansRevenue has acquired web traffic service DivaTraffic.

AEBN Announces Peter Green as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2025

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2025, with Peter Green landing atop the leaderboard.

Spicey AI Relaunches Site, Debuts $Spicey Tokens

Interactive voice chat platform Spicey AI has relaunched its website and introduced $Spicey tokens.

FSC: Missouri Age Verification Rule Will Not Take Effect August 30

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced that Missouri's proposed age verification legislation will not take effect on August 30, as it had originally estimated.

Little Caprice, Marcello Bravo to Co-Host 2025 XMA Europa Awards

XBIZ is pleased to announce that husband-and-wife duo Little Caprice and Marcello Bravo will co-host adult’s biggest night in Europe: the 2025 XMA Europa Awards on Sept. 4, in the epic climax to XBIZ’s fall events series.

Germany Will Block Payments to AV-Noncompliant Adult Sites as of Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, Germany will implement new rules prohibiting financial institutions from providing payment services to adult sites deemed to have inadequate age verification systems and making it easier for the government to target websites mirroring the content of such sites.

Jerkmate Joins Pineapple Support as Partner-Level Sponsor

Jerkmate has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

FSC Launches Age Verification Toolkit for Adult Websites

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has launched a comprehensive toolkit to help adult websites navigate age verification laws.

Show More