GirlsDoPorn Recruiter and Male Talent Sentenced to 20 Years

GirlsDoPorn Recruiter and Male Talent Sentenced to 20 Years

SAN DIEGO — GirlsDoPorn (GDP) recruiter and male talent Ruben Andre "Dre" Garcia was sentenced yesterday to 20 years after pleading guilty to sex trafficking charges against him in the case that also involves the site’s fugitive owner, Michael Pratt, and others.

Garcia had pleaded guilty in federal court on December 20, 2020 before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jill L. Burkhardt to the charges of Conspiracy to Commit Sex Trafficking by Force, Fraud and Coercion, and Sex Trafficking by Force, Fraud and Coercion.

Garcia will be eligible “for supervised release from 10 years following the completion of his custodial term,” reported the San Diego Fox affiliate.

A number of Garcia’s victims spoke before sentencing judge, U.S. District Judge Janis Sammartino, during the hearing, which had been delayed since February 12.

Judge Sammartino described Garcia as “without question,” one of “the leaders behind the scheme she described as ‘malicious’ and ‘callous,’ and said the victims were treated as ‘disposable commodities,’” Fox 5 reported, adding that her sentence exceeded the terms proposed by both the prosecution and the defense.

Garcia’s boss, GDP owner Michael Pratt, has been a fugitive from U.S. federal authorities since late 2019 and was last presumed to be in his native New Zealand over a year ago. Pratt left the country before the October 2019 trial for the civil lawsuit filed by 22 former models suing GDP for fraud.

The civil trial — which was decided against Pratt and GDP with a multimillion-dollar award to the plaintiffs — was overshadowed during the testimony phase by the unsealing of a parallel criminal case and FBI investigation against Pratt and his associates and employees for conspiracy and sex trafficking.

The federal indictment, issued January 2019, named Pratt, Garcia, Matthew Wolfe, Theodore "Teddy" Gyi, Valorie Moser and Amberlyn Clark as co-conspirators in the GDP operation.

“This defendant was a key player in a despicable fraud that has devastated the victims,” said U.S. Attorney Robert Brewer in December 2020. “We will continue to fight for justice for them, and to prevent others from becoming victims of these schemes.”

For XBIZ’s ongoing coverage of the GDP case, click here.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

Show More