Judge: Falcon Foto, Porn Kings Must Litigate in Seattle

SEATTLE — A judge in the ongoing legal battle between Porn Kings and Falcon Foto has clarified the multistate copyright dispute, consolidating cases filed by both parties into a single action, which will be heard in U.S. District Court in Seattle.

According to the four-page order from U.S. Judge Ricardo Martinez, both parties filed suit about the same time, with Porn Kings, the DBA for Lucas Bradfield’s Noble Developments, seeking to be heard in a U.S. District Court in Los Angles.

In December, U.S. Judge James Otero dismissed the Porn Kings claim that sought to affirmatively establish that the company had not infringed on any Falcon Foto copyrights.

Otero’s ruling transferred the Porn King’s case to Seattle, where Falcon had already filed suit for copyright infringement.

The Falcon case had been assigned to judge Martinez, but the recently arrived Porn Kings claim had been given to Judge Robert Lasnik.

Martinez ruled to consolidate the two cases because both deal with the same set of facts and law. Martinez also concluded that hearing both cases together would not prejudice either party.

Falcon Foto attorney Robert Apgood told XBIZ the decision by Judge Martinez to consolidate the two cases in his court effectively ends a forum shopping attempt by Porn Kings.

“What this really means is that their case won’t be clogging up the court’s docket with what was really just forum shopping,” Apgood said. “We can now move forward with the case.”

Porn Kings attorney Venkat Balasubramani told XBIZ that he had no objection to consolidating the two cases.

“This isn’t a ruling on the merits, and it doesn’t effect the lawsuit,” Balasubramani said. “Once the case had been transferred to Seattle, we agreed that consolidation was best.”

Apgood said the case now moves into the discovery phase, which is expected to last take some time.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Industry Photographer, 'Payout' Founder Mike B Passes Away

Longtime industry photographer and publisher Michael Bartholomey, known widely as Mike B, passed away Saturday.

FSC Announces 2025 Board of Directors Election Nominees

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has announced the nominees for its 2025 Board of Directors election.

AdultHTML Launches Black Friday Web Design, Development Promo

AdultHTML has launched its annual Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo for web design and development, running through Dec. 5.

Canada Exempts Online Adult Content From 'CanCon' Quotas

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has updated its broadcasting regulatory policies, exempting streaming adult content from “made in Canada” requirements that apply to other online material.

Creator Law Firm 'OnlyFirm' Launches

Entertainment attorney Alex Lonstein has officially launched OnlyFirm.com for creators.

German Court Puts Pornhub, YouPorn 'Network Ban' on Hold

The Administrative Court of Düsseldorf has temporarily blocked the State Media Authority of North Rhine-Westphalia (LfM) from forcing telecom providers to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

FSC: NC Law Invalidating Model Contracts Takes Effect December 1

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has issued a notice that North Carolina's Prevent Exploitation of Women and Minors Act goes into effect on December 1.

Show More