LELO: Tiani, Noa Couples Massagers Free to Re-Enter U.S Market

STOCKHOLM & SAN JOSE, Calif. — LELO officials, responding to a favorable appeals court ruling handed down this week that overturned a 2013 International Trade Commission decision, said that they are pleased that the outcome will allow its couples vibrators to re-enter the U.S. market

Company's officials, however, said they express regret “over the need for such a drawn-out appeal process” that targeted its LELO Tiani and Noa couples massagers.

In a statement today, LELO asserted that the legal action brought on by Standard Innovation Corporation was intended to prevent competition in the marketplace for its We-Vibe product line and that now the LELO Tiani and Noa couples massagers are “free to re-enter the U.S. market.”

“With the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit formally reversing the ITC’s determination of finding of a violation, all the incorrect findings made by the ITC are void and LELO is free to begin importation of the previously banned couples’ massagers to the U.S. LELO will continue to pursue its claims against Standard Innovation in the districts courts,” LELO officials said.

“This win at the Federal Circuit comes at the heels of LELO’s recent defeat of Standard Innovation’s invalidation attempts at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. LELO’s patent infringement claims against the inductively charged We-Vibes are set to proceed in district court beginning on June 17, 2015, where Standard Innovation is estopped from challenging the validity of LELO’s patent.”

LELO said that retailers and distributors who are seeking to find out more about the impact of the ruling can contact their local LELO sales representative or legalteam@lelo.com directly.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Full Circle Expands Enhancements Collection

Full Circle has expanded its collection of performance enhancers.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Screaming O Debuts New 'Rechargeable Rings' Collection

Screaming O has introduced its new collection of rechargeable, vibrating cock rings.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Orion Debuts 'Panthera Double' Dildo From 'Beastly Cocks' Line

Orion Wholesale has introduced the new Panthera Double dildo from its Beastly Cocks line.

Xgen Debuts 'Bare by Baci' Wellness Collection

Xgen Products has introduced its Bare by Baci line of wellness products.

COTR Renews Flagship Brand Domains

COTR, Inc. has renewed its multi-year domain leases for its flagship sexual wellness brands, b-Vibe, Le Wand, and The Cowgirl.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Orion Expands Cottelli 'Lingerie,' 'Party' Lines

Orion Wholesale has introduced three new pieces from its Cottelli Party line and one from its Lingerie collection.

Show More