Britain's Parliament Accessed Porn 300K Times in 1 Year

LONDON — Members of the British Parliament and their staff apparently love porn, accessing adult sites from their offices 309,316 times in the last year alone.

According to figures from a Freedom of Information request, the government’s leaders and workers were also blocked from adult sites nearly 850 times a day between May of 2012 and July of this year.

Government computers were reportedly prevented from accessing sex sites 114,844 times last November alone. In April, 55,552 sites were blocked and in June 397 attempts were halted.

February had only 15 porn sites blocked for some unexplained reason, and officials couldn’t explain what kinds of content Parliament’s computer filters determine to be porn.

The embarrassing revelations put a black eye on Prime Minister David Cameron’s nation-wide attempt to force ISPs to implement an opt-in porn filtering program, despite some government sources that believe the numbers could reflect pop-up videos and photos that were not deliberately clicked.

“We do not consider the data to provide an accurate representation of the number of purposeful requests made by network users due to the variety of ways in which websites can be designed to act, react and interact and due to the potential operation of third party software,” a statement from the House of Commons, said.

To its credit, a government official said, “We are not going to restrict parliamentarians’ ability to carry out research.”

But according to the Daily Mirror, the TaxPayers’ Alliance said it was alarmed by the numbers. “These figures highlight the fact that many people working in Parliament are spending far too much time on websites that have nothing to do with their job,” Matthew Sinclair, the group’s chief executive, said.

He added, “The Internet can be a useful tool for MPs and their staff when it comes to scrutinizing Government legislation. However, taxpayers expect their MP and those working in their offices to get on with their important jobs rather than spending time surfing questionable websites.

“It’s very important that these figures are in the public domain so that taxpayers can see exactly how the time they are paying for is actually being spent.”

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

Show More