Flava Works Says Forgery Accusations Are False

CHICAGO — A federal judge has given gay porn production company Flava Works until mid May to answer allegations that it committed an "egregious fraud" on the court to win its copyright case.

The case has its roots in a September 2011 copyright infringement suit against Lee Momient Jr., who is claiming forgery of a signature in a "work made for hire" deal after making counterclaims.

Flava Works CEO Phillip Bleicher told XBIZ that Momient's allegations of forgery are fruitless.

"We will prove that Lee Momient gave us the document that we submitted to the court," Bleicher said. "Judge Shader has given us 21 days to answer these allegations."

Flava Works in its 2011 suit against Momient charged that the Momient used Flava Works-owned images on his competing websites — HouseIntheHood.com and HypnoThugs.com.

Both of the sites  have been offline for some time now, with both starting up in 2007 and winding down in 2009 and 2010, according to an Internet archive search.

Flava Works, which operates FlavaMen.com, ThugBoy.com and CocoDorm.com, among other websites, also distributes DVDs of its content, as well as other forms of media.

Last month, in answer to a counterclaim, Flava Works produced for the first time a contract in which Momient agreed to "work made for hire" terms.

Momient declared that the contract was a forgery and claimed that the signature on the purported work contract was actually a signature from a different document.

Shadur, the federal judge hearing the case, agreed that Momient's accusations need to be furthered after calling evidence at hand an "egregious fraud" on the court.

"This court anticipates the dismissal of Flava's [third amended complaint] and its action against Momient with prejudice," Shadur said at oral argument. "But although it is difficult to conceive any predicate for Flava's refutation of the skillfully-put-together presentation that demonstrates its fraud, this court will give Flava the opportunity to do so."

Bleicher said that Momient's accusations are schematic in nature and that a hand-writing expert might be employed in the case.

"It's no coincidence that two days after the hearing Lee Momient files his 16-page affidavit that details how the signature could of been forged, something only the forger or an licensed hand writing expert would be able to show," Bleicher said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

STD Hero Joins Pineapple Support as Sponsor

Better Life Science brand STD Hero has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

2026 XBIZ Miami Speaker, Open-Floor Conversation Guide Lineup Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full speaker lineup for XBIZ Miami, the latest edition of the adult industry’s premier summer conference, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in Miami Beach.

2026 XBIZ Miami Conference Schedule Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full show schedule for XBIZ Miami, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in South Beach.

Court of International Trade Rejects Trump 'Replacement' Tariffs

The U.S. Court of International Trade on Thursday ruled that President Trump’s 10% global tariff under the Trade Act of 1974, imposed after the Supreme Court invalidated the administration’s broad “Liberation Day” tariff regime, is illegal — but stopped short of a nationwide injunction against the tariff.

Show More