All Claims Dismissed in NCOSE-Sponsored 'Trafficking' Suit Against Several Adult Studios

All Claims Dismissed in NCOSE-Sponsored 'Trafficking' Suit Against Several Adult Studios

LOS ANGELES — All claims made by a Jane Doe plaintiff against several adult studios, in a lawsuit sponsored by religiously motivated anti-porn lobby NCOSE — formerly “Morality in Media” — were dismissed last month, court records show.

On Aug. 19, the Jane Doe plaintiff and defendants Diabolic Video Productions Inc., Black Ice LTD, Zero Tolerance Entertainment Inc. and Third Degree Films filed a joint motion to dismiss all of the claims “with prejudice,” meaning they cannot be refiled.

Typically, these types of joint motions are the result of a deal or settlement having been reached out of court, legal experts told XBIZ.

San Diego judge Michael M. Anello granted the joint dismissal motion in an Aug. 24 order.

As XBIZ reported, in March 2021, in an unusual decision, Anello ruled that, although the contracts signed by a former performer were valid, the arbitration agreements that were part of them should be disregarded and the lawsuit could move forward.

A Lawsuit Much Ballyhooed by NCOSE

According to the complaint Doe filed with the aid of anti-porn lobby NCOSE, she briefly worked in the adult industry around 2009-2010. At the time, she alleges, she was represented by someone named Cissy Steele, aka Cissy Gerald, a person claiming to be an adult modeling agent.

Doe claimed that her relationship with Steele, who is cited a main co-defendant, would fall under the definition of “human trafficking.”

The complaint also named a number of adult studios and sites active a decade ago as co-defendants on the basis that they distributed scenes allegedly featuring the Jane Doe.

The lawsuit was promoted worldwide by NCOSE as a landmark moment in the anti-porn crusade the group has been waging since the early 1960s. In September 2020, NCOSE issued a press statement headlined “NCOSE Law Center Files First Ever Anti-Trafficking Lawsuit Against Pornography Producers on Behalf of Survivor.” The item was picked up by mainstream outlets and also disseminated by NCOSE’s fellow War on Porn advocacy groups.

The suit alleged that the studios “were instrumental in knowingly aiding, abetting, facilitating and participating in Steele’s sex trafficking scheme, while knowing, or in reckless disregard of the fact, that she would use means of force, fraud, and/or coercion to force Jane Doe into engaging in commercial sex acts in violation of the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (‘TVPRA’).”

“Our clients had nothing to do with the alleged sex trafficking that occurred over a decade ago,” the studios’ attorney Jonathan Brown, of Buffalo, New York law firm Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria, told XBIZ at the time of the March 2021 ruling.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Phoenix Marie, Cory Chase Star in Latest From MILFY

Phoenix Marie and Cory Chase star with Dan Damage in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint MILFY.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Show More