We-Vibe Notifies 13 Companies of Possible Infringement

We-Vibe Notifies 13 Companies of Possible Infringement

OTTAWA — Standard Innovation, makers of the We-Vibe brand couples vibrators, delivered "notifications" to 13 individual exhibitors at the recent Asia Adult Expo to educate them on the sex toy maker‘s Hong Kong patent rights covering its products. 

“We are an innovation-focused company, and our most valuable asset is our intellectual property,” said Frank Ferrari, president of Standard Innovation.

“In recent months, we have seen an increase in products on the market that potentially infringe our couples vibrator patent," Ferrari said. "Manufacturers and retailers must be aware that we will go to significant means to protect our investment and pursue those who attempt manufacture, market or sell products that infringe our rights.”

Standard Innovation holds patents on its couples vibrator products in Australia, Canada, China, the E.U., the U.S., Hong Kong and Mexico. It also has patents pending for associated products in Australia, Canada, China, the E.U., the U.S. and Hong Kong.

Standard Innovation is represented by Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP as coordinating litigation and intellectual property counsel, along with Osha Liang LLP for U.S. litigation matters.

The 13 exhibitors allegedly brought their products to the Asia Adult Expo, which was held earlier this month at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Full Circle Expands Enhancements Collection

Full Circle has expanded its collection of performance enhancers.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Screaming O Debuts New 'Rechargeable Rings' Collection

Screaming O has introduced its new collection of rechargeable, vibrating cock rings.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Orion Debuts 'Panthera Double' Dildo From 'Beastly Cocks' Line

Orion Wholesale has introduced the new Panthera Double dildo from its Beastly Cocks line.

Xgen Debuts 'Bare by Baci' Wellness Collection

Xgen Products has introduced its Bare by Baci line of wellness products.

COTR Renews Flagship Brand Domains

COTR, Inc. has renewed its multi-year domain leases for its flagship sexual wellness brands, b-Vibe, Le Wand, and The Cowgirl.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

Orion Expands Cottelli 'Lingerie,' 'Party' Lines

Orion Wholesale has introduced three new pieces from its Cottelli Party line and one from its Lingerie collection.

Show More