FBI Targets Child Porn Suspects

BALTIMORE -- The FBI on Wednesday announced it is expanding a program to seek out unidentified Internet child pornographers by disseminating photographs of alleged suspects on the Internet, television and in the print media.

With the new campaign, the Justice Department is working with the FBI to seek “John Doe” grand jury indictments of the unidentified suspects, a move that has rarely been done in child exploitation cases for fear of look-alikes mistakenly being arrested.

FBI agent Stacey Bradley of the agency’s Baltimore field office told reporters at a news conference that thousands of images of unknown adults and children are found on computers, in chat rooms on the Web, and elsewhere during child molestation probes.

Bradley said the FBI will publish photos of unidentified adults whose faces are visible on Internet pages. The photos will be edited to ensure no children are seen, she said.

“It’s still occurring every day to our children in the United States,” Bradley said. “They’re all over the Internet.”

The new drive to roundup Internet child pornographers is part of the FBI’s “Innocent Images” program to combat sexual exploitation of children on the Web.

The Innocent Images task force targets investigates all areas of the Internet and online services, including websites that post child pornography, news groups, Internet Relay Chat channels, file servers, bulletin board systems, and file transfer programs.

Through the second quarter of last year, FBI officials opened 9,366 cases, resulting in 2,569 convictions under the Innocent Images program since it began in 1995.

Bradley said the first two suspects arrested were identified after their photos aired recently on Fox-TV’s “America’s Most Wanted.”

John Walsh, host of “America’s Most Wanted,” joined Bradley and other FBI officials in announcing the new campaign.

“These people think they have had a leg up for years, that they can get away with this,” Walsh said. “This is the future.”

Last month, the TV program profiled a suspected child pornographer known only as “John Doe Jared,” later identified as Scott Hayden, a prisoner serving a 30-year sentence in Michigan City, Ind., for another child exploitation crime.

A second suspect’s photo aired last weekend. Thomas Richard Evered surrendered a short time later in Missoula County, Mont., after his sister spotted him on the show, FBI officials said.

Joan Irvine, executive director of Adult Sites Against Child Pornography (ASACP), said that in order to prosecute child pornographers, law enforcement officials need to identify the children in order for such images to be used in the courts.

“This is difficult since most of the child pornography images are not from the United States and were much younger at the time,” Irvine said. “That’s why ASACP’s work is so valuable. We can help identify the sites and people who are distributing these images, but there are underground pedophile rings that are the worst offenders.”

Irvine said that if the FBI can use new techniques to identify adults who are sexually abusing children, it could get closer to pedophile rings.

“I do have the same concerns as other people,” she said. “What happens if the technology does not work correctly and innocent people are mistakenly identified. This would ruin their lives.”

In related news, a former Washington state deputy prosecutor and district court judge was sentenced Tuesday to 27 months in prison after pleading guilty to possessing child pornography on his computer.

Ralph L. Perkins admitted in U.S. District Court documents that he became addicted to child pornography while researching the topic as part of his job as chief criminal prosecutor in Okanogan County.

“All I can tell you is I did this crime and I’m guilty,” Perkins, 54, said at his sentencing.

Perkins told FBI officials he initially downloaded images in work-related research while prosecuting child pornography cases, but that it later turned into sexual gratification.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephanie Lister said that Perkins had taken the time to search for, download and store the images on separate computer disks. She said that federal laws have “zero tolerance” for possession of child pornography.

The FBI was called to investigate when images were found on Perkins’ home computer after police investigated a spousal rape allegation made by Perkins’ wife in last May. That probe resulted in a fourth-degree assault charge and prompted the federal prosecution, Lister said.

Lister said an examination of Perkins’ computer equipment turned up more than 10 images of children younger than 12 involved in sexually explicit conduct.

Perkins, who resigned from his $62,376 job as a deputy prosecutor, pleaded guilty last October to a single count of possessing child pornography. Perkins’ sentence includes completion of a sex offender treatment program and a ban on Internet access without permission while on probation after serving his sentence.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Aylo Moves to Settle Two 'Children of Pornhub' Class-Action Lawsuits

Aylo has agreed to terms for a settlement with the plaintiffs in two long-running class actions over allegations that former Pornhub parent company MindGeek knowingly allowed and profited from CSAM on its sites.

Tigerlilly Launches 'SugarCoatedSweethearts' Through PAYSITE

Tigerlilly has launched SugarCoatedSweethearts.com through PAYSITE.

ASACP Marks 30-Year Anniversary

ASACP is celebrating 30 years of operation, during which it has received over 1.3 million reports from web admins and the public about suspected child pornography.

AEBN Announces Isiah Maxwell as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2026

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2026, with Isiah Maxwell landing atop the leaderboard.

JMan Launches AI Companion Solution for Adult Websites

Online industry veteran JMan has launched Orkestrait, an AI companion solution designed specifically for adult websites.

Johnny Sins Launches 'Fangate' Platform for Account-Free Content Sales

Johnny Sins has officially launched Fangate, a platform that allows creators to sell content directly to fans without requiring a user account or subscription.

TSBlondieNYC Launches Official Website Through PAYSITE

TSBlondieNYC has launched an official website through PAYSITE.

Creator and Sexual Wellness Brand Marketplace Platform 'Teasr' Launches

Teasr, an online marketplace for creators and sexual wellness brands that focuses on live-selling and video product demonstrations, has officially launched.

JulModels Launches Paysite Content Royalty Program for Performers

JulModels has introduced JulRoyalty, a feature that allows performers and creators to earn royalties from their existing scenes and clips.

FSC Hails Members, Allies in SCREEN Act Victory

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) released a statement today praising its members and allies after a successful lobbying effort to prevent the SCREEN Act, a nationwide age verification bill, from advancing out of the Commerce Committee for a full vote on the Senate floor.

Show More