Playboy Launches No-Nudity Mobile App

LOS ANGELES — Playboy has launched its Playboy NOW mobile app with no nudity.

The advertising-supported lifestyle app is free in the Google Play store and iTunes App store. Its main hook is “The Daily,” that tells users the top 5 things the staff thinks they should know.

Cory Jones, Playboy’s senior vice president of digital content told the New York Post that the app will also include longer pieces and video, and will be “a one-stop shop for the busy man who wants to be entertained, informed, amused and seduced."

The no nudity policy falls in line with the company's recent Playboy.com strategy that’s yielded an increase in views.

Playboy.com’s global unique visitors have increased from 4 million to 19 million in the 10 months since its relaunch, Jones said. He believes the app has serious potential as 80 percent of Playboy.com traffic already is mobile, and 75 percent of its visitors don’t access the site until after 4 p.m.

“We kind of own the night,” Jones said. “So if you’re a spirits advertiser or an entertainment advertiser, imagine who’d you rather reach — someone at his desk at 9 a.m. or someone in a bar after work figuring out what to do that evening?”

Earlier in May Playboy reported that Playboy magazine’s monthly audience grew 61 percent in the first quarter of 2015 as compared to last year’s figures thanks to mobile use.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More