Operator of 'Revenge Porn' Site WinByState Arrested

LOS ANGELES — The operator of WinByState.com, a "revenge porn" website that posted sexually explicit photos and allegedly extorted victims for as much as $250 each to remove the illicit content, has been arrested.

Casey E. Meyering, 28, of Tulsa, Okla., was taken into custody Sunday in Tulsa by agents with the California Attorney General’s eCrime division and the Tulsa Police Department. Meyering, facing five felony extortion charges, is awaiting an extradition hearing on Tuesday.

The investigation into WinByState.com began when a Northern California hacking victim discovered nude photos of herself on the site that had been stolen from her computer, according to documents filed in Napa County Superior Court.

Described as “a user supported website where you can trade your ex-girlfriend, your current girlfriend, or any other girl that you might know,” WinByState.com solicited uploaders to identify their “wins” according to city and state, sometimes using the victim’s complete or partial name.

WinByState.com, which still is operable, says on its website that it has 320,000-plus view each month, 60,000 members and 10,000 girls. The site offers an affiliate program that makes 25 percent lifetime revenue.

There were over 400 postings in the California forum, and at least one victim was under 18 at the time the photographs were taken, according to court documents.

Court documents also allege that WinbyState.com required victims to pay $250 via a Google Wallet account to remove posted photographs.

The account was named TakeDownHammer, and was registered to Meyering at a non-existent Beverly Hills, Calif., storefront.

Authorities purchased a “takedown” for one the victims in Napa, and traced the funds to Meyering’s bank account in Tulsa, where surveillance footage from the bank identified him withdrawing money from the account.

“This behavior is the very definition of predatory and this website made a game out of humiliating victims for profit,” Calif. Attorney General Kamala Harris said. “These actions at their core are about one individual exploiting the privacy and trust of others for financial gain.

"We will continue to investigate and prosecute those who participate in these deplorable and illegal activities.”

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More