Officials Bust European Online Child-Sex Ring

LONDON — Nearly 200 people have been arrested in connection to what officials are calling the largest online child-sex ring ever discovered.

Teachers, police officers and scout leaders were among those arrested today by British police. Some 230 children were rescued from the sex ring, which had 70,000 members and was “probably the largest online pedophile network in the world,” said officials at the European police agency Europol.

The three-year investigation has also led officials to 670 suspected pedophiles from around the world including Australia, Brazil and the U.S.

The ring was operating in the site BoyLover.net, a “discussion-only” forum based out of the Netherlands where people shared their interest in young boys. Officials say members used the site to exchange videos and photos of children being abused.

Police warned others active on the site that more arrests will be coming.

“It is personally very rewarding when pedophiles are identified and arrested and children are rescued from abuse,” said Tim Henning, ASACP’s vice president of technology and forensic research.

“I am honored that ASACP could be part of this. We sent our first report to law enforcement about this site on Dec. 12, 2005, and there have been numerous reports since then. We are pleased that law enforcement was able to finally infiltrate this group and stop this outrageous and open abuse of children.”

Peter Davies, the U.K. police chief who heads the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Center, said the same technology that allowed the alleged pedophiles to engage in illegal activities helped authorities bust the ring.

“What we show today is that while these offenders felt anonymous in some way because they were using the Internet to communicate, the technology was actually being used against them,” he said.

“Everything they did online, everyone they talked to or anything they shared could and was tracked by following the digital footprint.”

Officials said those arrested will be investigated and brought to justice.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research outfit SWR Data has published a report on the performance of clip platforms and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches by Country for December, January

AEBN has released the list of popular searches from its straight and gay theaters, by country, for December and January.

Jim Austin Joins CrakRevenue Team

Online industry veteran and business strategist Jim Austin has been hired by CrakRevenue.

Judge Dismisses NCOSE-Backed Suits Against Adult Sites Over Kansas AV Law

A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed lawsuits brought against two adult websites in Kansas for alleged violations of the state’s age verification law.

Show More