TMM Defendant Targeted Online Adult Biz, Records Show

YARROW POINT, Wash. — Shellee Hale, the defendant in a suit brought on by Too Much Media over alleged defamatory comments about the affiliate management software company, was so incensed by the pervasiveness of adult material on the Internet in 2007 that she took it upon herself to begin an antiporn campaign, according to court documents.

Hale, in the documents obtained by XBIZ, even launched a website called Pornafia.com purportedly to report information she obtained regarding technical and criminal activity and ultimately to chip away at the foundation of the online adult biz.

Hale said she developed the site “in reaction to the unprecedented levels of criminal activity now rampant within the global adult entertainment industry, which have until now gone largely unchecked, with the aim of providing a cost-free information resource for victims, potential victims, legitimate industry players and pertinent government agencies worldwide.”

That bold mission statement, which she made in a press release in 2007, was the last she would make relative to Pornafia.com.

Citing concerns for her personal safety, Pornafia.com was never fully launched and published no findings.

But, according to court filings, she continued on gathering intelligence on the industry.

“Hale attended several adult entertainment industry conventions and [created] the monikers Sexyteaser and Sexyteaserguys, which she used to interact on various adult industry websites,” including GFY.com and Oprano.com, the filing said.

Hale, who did not respond to numerous XBIZ emails seeking comment, apparently became enraged with the adult industry after she claimed she became a victim of the practice of “cyber flashing.”

Hale operates an online “life coach” consulting business at CoachShellee.com and Camandango.com. But, according to court documents, her site became hacked and webcam users would expose themselves naked on the site.

Last week, a New Jersey Superior Court judge said her message-board comments on Oprano.com were actionable without proof of monetary losses because her postings alleged that Too Much Media engaged in criminal conduct and that the company is incompetent.

Hale’s posts in 2007 alleged that breached Too Much Media data could have given hackers access to names and addresses of account holders, which the company denies. She also alleged that Too Much Media failed to inform customers of a security breach because it was making money off of it.

But a judge ruled last week that, despite her contention, Hale is not shielded by the state’s newsperson’s privilege and that her motion to protect sources of information is denied, paving the way for Too Much Media to sue her for defamation.

Too Much Media, in court papers, concedes that they cannot put an actual dollar value on the damage done to its reputation. The New Jersey company famous for its NATS software plans to present multiple witnesses as “competent evidence concerning the injury.”

On Monday, John Albright, co-owner of Too Much Media, wouldn’t comment on the continuing case or Hale’s motivation against the adult biz.

“Unfortunately pending litigation against her prevents me from speaking about that,” he said.

The suit, which continues in Monmouth County in New Jersey, comes on the heels of another lawsuit waged over her posts.

That litigation, involving Montreal-based live-cam company 2Much Internet Services, recently ended in a confidential settlement before the case went to trial.

"I am happy that we had the opportunity to end it before taking it to trial” 2Much owner Mark Prince told XBIZ.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More