Those websites — MaxHardcore.com, PissedOnPornStars.com and CatalinaXXX.com — were condemned by the government last month and now include web screens that read “This website has been forfeited to the U.S. Government pursuant to the conviction of Paul F. Little, a.k.a Max Hardcore and Max World Entertainment for violations of 18 U.S.C. §§ 1461 and 1465.”
Assistant U.S. Attorney Anita Cream told XBIZ that she wasn’t sure about what the future will hold for the websites.
“It’s my guess that the government will hold on to the sites due to the nature of the convictions,” said the government attorney from her Tampa, Fla., office.
Cream said her agency just concluded the procedure that is likely to move the three domain names formally into the government’s possession.
The agency published legal notices on Forfeitures.gov for 30 days requesting that those claiming interest to the domain names, besides Hardcore, to step up. The claiming party would have until April 12 to file a petition.
But in many cases, particularly in child porn convictions, the government has taken title of the domain names and then later put them back into the market.
With most federal government seizures, after the asset is received by the U.S. Marshals Service, it is liquidated through the General Services Administration or an outside auction company, like Bid4Assets.com.
It’s not certain what the market would bear for the sites, but the values are sure to diminish with each passing day they lose traffic.
Meanwhile, while Hardcore’s attorneys have filed an appeal to the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals relative to his conviction, the producer and director is now into his third month of a 46-month sentence, housed at at the federal Metropolitan Detention Center in downtown Los Angeles.