Brian Surewood Plea Bargains Road Rage Case

LOS ANGELES — Adult performer Brian Surewood, who has been incarcerated since October 2007 after a road rage incident that killed a 5-year-old boy and injured the boy's mother and sister, has had his case resolved with a plea bargain.

"The primary reason to dispose of the case was we had a young child who was killed, an innocent victim," Surewood's attorney Ron Miller told XBIZ. "An infant who may never recover, and a young mother who lost her leg and suffered a lot of internal injuries. The briefs for these cases were in excess of 120 pages, combined."

Surewood had been charged with one count of murder; one count of vehicular manslaughter, three counts of reckless driving causing great bodily harm and three counts of leaving the scene of an accident.

"I argued that if the murder charge was sustained and allowed to go to trial, we're throwing away the theory of gross negligence and we're making every vehicle code violation that ends in a fatality a murder," Miller said.

Surewood agreed to plead no contest to the vehicular manslaughter charge and leaving the scene of an accident — without admitting wrongdoing —and was sentenced to six years for manslaughter and five years for leaving the scene of an accident, totaling 11 years.

"Had he been convicted of murder or one of the bodily injury counts, he would have served 85 percent of the time," Miller said. "Brian is going to prison with 750-some-odd days credit, he'll serve, maximum, four years and four months. And there is a possibility, with prison-overcrowding decisions, that he may serve three years or less.

"Considering all of the surrounding circumstances, this is a good result to a really bad situation."

Miller said that Surewood's parents were in court Thursday, along with his girlfriend and other relatives, for support.

Surewood is eligible for minimum-security confinement , and has requested that he serve his time in a fire camp.

"He's been incarcerated indoors 24/7," Miller said. "He wants to get outdoors, and I made a motion requesting that. The court made that recommendation, but the decision will be made by the California Department of Corrections about where Brian will go."

There will be a hearing in April regarding restitution to the victims, Miller said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Octavia Red Stars in 'Lipstick on the Glass' From Deeper

Reigning XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Octavia Red stars with Ashley Lane and Mannie Coco in "Lipstick on the Glass," from Vixen Media Group studio imprint Deeper.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

Lucy Mochi Makes Her Blacked Debut

Lucy Mochi has made her debut for Vixen Media Group (VMG) studio imprint Blacked, alongside Hollywood Cash, in the studio’s latest release.

Gia Derza Toplines Latest Volume of Pat Myne's 'Gape For Days'

Gia Derza headlines director Pat Myne's "Gape For Days 6," from Evil Angel.

Lovita Fate, Betzz Lead Latest From Immoral Productions

Lovita Fate and Betzz star in a new Immoral Productions trilogy alongside Matt Bird, Rob Hudson, and studio honcho “Porno Dan” Leal.

Show More