Details Emerge About Capture, Arrest of GirlsDoPorn's Michael Pratt

Details Emerge About Capture, Arrest of GirlsDoPorn's Michael Pratt

SAN DIEGO — Further details have emerged in the past week about the capture and arrest of GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt in Spain in December 2022, following his extradition to the U.S. last month.

As XBIZ reported, Pratt made his first appearance in federal court on March 19.

Pratt was captured in Madrid in 2022 after having been a fugitive since leaving the U.S. in 2019, and on the FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted” list since 2021.

His capture was requested by U.S. authorities through an Interpol Red Notice in a 19-count indictment for “sex trafficking, production of child pornography, sex trafficking of a minor, and conspiracy to launder monetary instruments in connection with the operation of the GirlsDoPorn adult website.”

At the time of his court appearance, FBI San Diego Special Agent in Charge Stacey Moy said that Pratt’s arrest and extradition reflected “a great collaboration among multiple agencies, both in the United States and Spain who were dedicated to seeking justice for the young women he allegedly victimized. This large, internationally coordinated effort could not have been successful without support from our law enforcement partners in Spain, the U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Department of Justice, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement.”

An article about the extradition, published last week by the Los Angeles Times, included an interview with Brian Holm, the attorney for Pratt’s alleged victims.

According to the Times, Holm said a team of “amateur sleuths” helped authorities trace Pratt to a Barcelona mailing address.

“We got tired of waiting for him to be found,” Holm told the paper.

However, sources familiar with the case and with the circumstances of Pratt’s capture questioned the Times report, finding it implausible that Holm would refer to "amateur sleuths," a term that contradicts the FBI's version of events.

The same sources pointed XBIZ to the account of Pratt’s capture published by Spanish newspaper El Español in December 2022, in an article that has not been quoted in English-language coverage until now.

Teamwork by Private Investigators and U.S., Spain Law Enforcement

El Español reported that Pratt was tracked by the Group of Fugitive Location of the Spanish National Police, which found him registered at a hotel on Madrid’s central Gran Vía under one of several fake identities he used during his years on the lam.

“Agents detected Pratt was to arrive at the hotel in the morning, using one of three usual fake identities. The arrest happened early in the afternoon. Intelligence officers with the police worked for more than a year trying to track him, and he was one of the outfit’s top targets.”

El Español noted that Pratt’s arrest was the first time someone on the FBI’s notorious Ten Most Wanted list was apprehended in Spain. In the past, the list has included extremely high-profile criminals such as Osama Bin Laden.

Once the Spanish authorities received information about Pratt from their U.S. counterparts, they initially tracked him to a Barcelona address — but due to several complications, an arrest could not be made at the time, the newspaper reported.

At that point, several U.S. private investigators traveled to Spain and teamed up with American and Spanish law enforcement agents to follow Pratt’s trail from Barcelona to Madrid, resulting in the December 2022 arrest.

Holm was likely referring to these private investigators when speaking with the Times, which then labeled them “amateur sleuths.”

Pratt entered a “not guilty” plea before U.S. Magistrate Judge Daniel E. Butcher. A motion hearing/trial setting has been scheduled for April 19.

For XBIZ’s ongoing coverage of the GirlsDoPorn case, click here.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More