RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. — Thursday’s pre-preliminary hearing regarding the multi-felony charges facing Mercedes Carrera and her husband, adult producer Daemon Cins, was postponed to April 4.
Additionally, a preliminary hearing, originally set for next week, is scheduled to occur on or before a date, yet to be determined, in early June.
Carrera and Cins were arrested earlier this month on suspicion of committing sexual acts with a young girl.
They were charged with eight felony counts each of sexually abusing a child. They also face a count of possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, while armed with several handguns, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.
Detectives from the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department were first notified of sexual acts against a girl under the age of 10 on Jan. 31.
Detectives interviewed the girl, who said she had been assaulted several times, the Sheriff’s Department said. Officials determined the abuse occurred over four months and included inappropriate touching, oral copulation and digital penetration, the Sheriff’s Department said.
A search warrant was served at the pair’s home, and police uncovered evidence corroborating the girl’s statement.
Carrera has issued a statement denying the charges; click here to read it.