LOS ANGELES — Trans erotica studio Grooby received 10 XBIZ Awards nominations earlier this week.
The 10 XBIZ Awards nominations follow an additional two XBIZ Exec Awards nominations for Steven Grooby and Kristel Penn.
“Thank you so much to the staff at XBIZ for all the nominations,” said Grooby, the company's founder. “Being recognized for what we do each year is important to our models, producers, and staff as we have great pride in our company.
“We're particularly excited about being on the Marketing Campaign of the Year list for our flagship site GroobyGirls, alongside industry giants. Good luck to all nominees.”
“I am very humbled by these nominations,” added Penn, Grooby’s editorial director. “Every person in our company has poured an immense amount of love into our projects this year and I feel grateful for the opportunity to work alongside them.
“I’m also thankful to be listed as an XBIZ Exec nominee with Steven for the second year in a row. I owe a debt of gratitude to him for the opportunity he’s given me this year to really spread my wings and fly.”
Grooby is nominated in the following XBIZ Awards categories:
- Best Sex Scene — Virtual Reality (“Being Aubrey”)
- Best Sex Scene — Virtual Reality (“Domino Presley: Superstar Edition”)
- Trans Studio of the Year (Grooby)
- Trans Release of the Year (“All My Mother’s Lovers”)
- Trans Release of the Year (“TGirls.Porn 9”)
- Trans Director of the Year (Buddy Wood)
- Trans Director of the Year (Radius Dark)
- Speciality Affiliate Program of the Year (GroobyBucks)
- Marketing Campaign of the Year (GroobyGirls)
- Trans Site of the Year (GroobyGirls.com)
In addition to the nominations listed above, the company secured two XBIZ Exec nominations. Steven Grooby is nominated for Businessman of the Year and Kristel Penn is nominated for Marketing Executive of the Year.
Founded in 1996, Grooby is a leading producer of trans erotica. In addition to operating more than 30 membership sites, the company produces nearly 50 DVDs a year and hosts the annual TEAs (Transgender Erotica Awards) held in Hollywood, Calif.
Earlier this year, the company took over the editorial content for popular transgender lifestyle magazine Transformation.
The 2018 XBIZ Awards will be held on Thursday, Jan. 18, at the Grand JW Marriott in downtown Los Angeles.
Voting for the 2018 XBIZ Awards is underway for industry members through Nov. 30. To vote, click here.