In Midst of Litigation, Exxxotica Releases Recording With Dallas Officials

In Midst of Litigation, Exxxotica Releases Recording With Dallas Officials

DALLAS — Exxxotica's organizers have released an audio recording that appears to contradict the City of Dallas’s response last month to the adult entertainment show’s motion for preliminary injunction.

In court papers filed at federal court, Dallas city leaders said that Exxxotica’s organizers misrepresented the amount of nudity and sexually oriented activity that would take place at its first event at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center last August.

But, as heard in an audio recording on Vimeo, Dallas city officials knew exactly what they were getting into when they charged Exxxotica $28,080 for convention floor space last year.

Exxxotica yesterday posted the recording of what organizers say is a “complete and unaltered” recording of a pre-convention meeting between the expo’s reps and Dallas city officials from police, fire and the convention center.  

In its 31-page reply filed in federal court and reported by XBIZ on Tuesday, Exxxotica lawyers said that the city offered “after-the-fact justifications for their refusal to allow [Exxxotica] to use the convention center for its adult-oriented expo.”

“They tell us, for the first time in their response, plaintiff breached provisions of its agreement with the convention center, violated city and state laws governing public nudity and lewdness, and fraudulently misrepresented the entity that entered into the contract with the convention center in connection with its three-day expo in August 2015,” Exxxotica’s counsel said in the brief.

A federal judge has scheduled an April 18 hearing on Exxxotica’s motion for a preliminary injunction. Exxxotica had planned to stage a three-day exhibition at the convention center on May 20-22.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pure Taboo Debuts 'Behind the Scenes Documentary' for Latest 'Under the Bed'

Pure Taboo has released a behind-the-scenes documentary on its series “Under the Bed,” spotlighting the episode “The Growth.”

Le Wand Introduces 'Classique' Vibe Collection

Le Wand has debuted its new Classique vibrator line.

Connie Perignon Toplines David Perry's 'Sexual Desires 2'

Connie Perignon headlines director David Perry's “Sexual Desires 2” from Evil Angel.

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Orion Debuts 'Vibrating Prostate Plug With Moving Rings' From 'Anos' Line

Orion Wholesale has introduced the Vibrating Prostate Plug with Moving Rings from its Anos line.

Rae Sixty Nine Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Rae Sixty Nine has made her TransAngels debut opposite Adam x Lee in the studio’s latest release, titled “Cock Ride.”

Fleshlight, Vixen Launch New Product Line

Fleshlight and Vixen Media Group (VMG) have partnered to launch the new Vixen x Fleshlight line.

Ariel Demure Toplines 'TS MILFs' From TransSensual

Reigning XMAs Trans Performer of the Year Ariel Demure headlines “TS MILFs,” the latest title from Mile High Media studio imprint TransSensual.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Show More