Charges Dropped Against 6 Rentboy.com Employees

Charges Dropped Against 6 Rentboy.com Employees

NEW YORK — Criminal charges have been dropped against six employees of Rentboy.com.

On Friday, a magistrate judge, acting on a motion from prosecutors, dismissed complaints against Michael Belman, Clint Calero, Diana Mattos, Marco Decker, Edward Estanol and Shane Lukas. The motions were entered today.

Gay rights activist William Dobbs, who has been following the case, told XBIZ that the dismissal of charges is “good news for six of the defendants.”

“Let’s hope the U.S. Attorney's Office ends this much-criticized case by dismissing charges against the remaining defendant, Jeffrey Hurant,” Dobbs said.

Hurant, the owner of Rentboy, pleaded not guilty last week to an indictment charging him alone with promoting prostitution and money laundering.

According to federal prosecutors, Hurant is engaged in a plea deal.

A federal grand jury indicted Hurant last month on two counts of using his parent company Easy Rent Systems as a front to promote prostitution and to launder money.

Hurant was released on a $350,000 bond after his August arrest and has defended his online hookup operation as perfectly legal.

Before authorities shut the website and offices down, Rentboy.com garnered about 500,000 unique visitors each day, according to an indictment.

Prosecutors said the website Hurant founded in 1997 took in at least $10 million in annual revenue.

View dismissal of one Rentboy employee

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Sara Jay, Dan Leal to Sponsor XBIZ Amsterdam Kick-Off Event

Sara Jay’s Wyde Syde Productions and Porno Dan Leal’s Market64 will co-sponsor the Bottoms Up Day Drinking kick-off event for XBIZ Amsterdam 2025 at Excalibur Café on Sept. 2, from 2-4 p.m. (CET).

AEBN Publishes Report on DP Trends

AEBN has published a report on DP and extreme penetration categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Free Speech Coalition Appoints Megan Stokes to Board of Directors

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has appointed Megan Stokes to its Board of Directors.

FansRevenue Acquires DivaTraffic

FansRevenue has acquired web traffic service DivaTraffic.

AEBN Announces Peter Green as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2025

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2025, with Peter Green landing atop the leaderboard.

Spicey AI Relaunches Site, Debuts $Spicey Tokens

Interactive voice chat platform Spicey AI has relaunched its website and introduced $Spicey tokens.

FSC: Missouri Age Verification Rule Will Not Take Effect August 30

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced that Missouri's proposed age verification legislation will not take effect on August 30, as it had originally estimated.

Little Caprice, Marcello Bravo to Co-Host 2025 XMA Europa Awards

XBIZ is pleased to announce that husband-and-wife duo Little Caprice and Marcello Bravo will co-host adult’s biggest night in Europe: the 2025 XMA Europa Awards on Sept. 4, in the epic climax to XBIZ’s fall events series.

Germany Will Block Payments to AV-Noncompliant Adult Sites as of Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, Germany will implement new rules prohibiting financial institutions from providing payment services to adult sites deemed to have inadequate age verification systems and making it easier for the government to target websites mirroring the content of such sites.

Jerkmate Joins Pineapple Support as Partner-Level Sponsor

Jerkmate has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

Show More