Wentworth’s Extortion Trial Set to Begin in 3 Weeks

LOS ANGELES — Jarec Wentworth’s attorneys yesterday asked a federal judge to compel the gay porn star’s alleged victim’s attorney to be called as a witness in his extortion trial that is set to begin in three weeks.

Earlier this year, Wentworth, who worked on SeanCody.com and Men.com productions, was accused of extorting $500,000 and an Audi R8 worth $180,000 from an individual only identified in court papers as "D.B." by threatening to expose his sexual liaisons online.

With trial set to begin on Tuesday, July 7, Wentworth’s attorneys are seeking to introduce testimony from D.B.’s counsel about Wentworth’s relationship with him.

(D.B., according to previous published accounts, is multimillionaire Magic Jack exec Donald Burns.)

Wentworth’s attorneys also are seeking to present evidence from D.B.’s attorney D.B.’s financial interest in porn productions, as well as quantification of referral fees for services through wire services such as Square.

D.B.’s attorney, Douglas Axel, was interviewed by FBI agents outside the presence of his client on March 3, and Wentworth’s attorneys claim he is fair game as a witness in the case.

Axel, however, filed a motion for an order to quash the subpoena that was served to him.

Yesterday, Wentworth’s counsel with the federal public defender’s office, filed a motion in opposition to the order to quash the subpoena, claiming that Axel voluntarily made himself a witness in the case and his testimony can be properly used to impeach D.B. at trial.

In the motion, Wentworth’s attorneys said that Axel will only be called to impeach D.B. if D.B. makes statements at trial that are inconsistent with Axel’s statements made to the FBI.

“Each of the arguments raised by D.B.'s counsel is either factually unsound,
irrelevant to the issuance of the subpoena, or does not support the argument that the subpoena should be quashed,” Wentworth’s attorneys said. “[T]he subpoena should stand and Mr. Axel should be required to testify at trial, if called by the defense as a witness.”

Earlier this year, D.B. asked for the FBI to get involved in the alleged extortion after he said he was initially fleeced out of $500,000 and the Audi in Wentworth’s alleged extortion attempt.

Wentworth allegedly later increased his demands to D.B., asking for $1 million in cash, a motorcycle and a two-bedroom condo in Los Angeles.

According to court records, prosecutors so far have produced discovery to the defense, including 3,423 pages of written reports and records, five audio recordings, three video recordings and two discs containing cellphone digital files.

The prosecutors’ case is largely built on the numerous text messages found on mobile phones of Wentworth and D.B., as well as testimony from a law enforcement agent about the extraction of evidence from defendant’s phone; telephone audio recordings; and bank records.

Wentworth is currently being held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in downtown Los Angeles without bail.

The jurist in the case, U.S. District Judge John F. Walter, has yet to rule on the latest motion made by Wentworth’s counsel.  

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Lucy Mochi Performs 1st Studio Anal for Brazzers

Lucy Mochi performs her first studio anal scene opposite Scott Nails in the latest Brazzers release, "Fresh and Ready for Anal."

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

Blake Blossom, Romi Rain & Ophelia Fae Star in Latest From Girlsway

Blake Blossom, Romi Rain, and Ophelia Fae star in the latest release from Girlsway, titled "Downward Temptation."

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Tiffani Time Fronts Latest From Kink.com

Tiffani Time stars with director John Paul “The Pope” in the latest installment of Kink.com’s "Device Bondage" series, titled “Taken Down a Notch.”

Eris Jolie, Athena Parisi Star in Latest From TGirls.Porn

Eris Jolie and Athena Parisi star in the latest release from Grooby paysite TGirls.Porn, titled "Pool Day Date."

Leilani Li, Olivia Jay Lead Latest From TransAngels

Leilani Li and Olivia Jay star with King Noire in the latest release from TransAngels, titled "Deep Dive."

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Cami Strella, River Lynn Front Latest From New Sensations

Cami Strella and River Lynn star in the latest release from New Sensations.

Show More