Kink.com Announces May 1 Fundraiser for Three Strikes Justice Center

SAN FRANCISCO — Kink.com announced today that its partnership with the non-profit Three Strikes Justice Center continues on May 1 with a dance party fundraiser at the company’s San Francisco Armory headquarters.

The money raised will help free inmates sentenced for non-violent crimes under California’s draconian “three strikes” legislation, which was overturned in 2012.

Kink said said that previous fundraisers resulted in the release of Charles Lucas, who had been sentenced to life in prison for drug possession. A second inmate is scheduled to be released in the coming weeks.

“Last summer, we faced a major crisis,” Givelle Lamano, an attorney for the Three Strikes Justice Center said. “Hundreds of cases that were eligible to be commuted were facing a deadline to file, and many inmates did not have enough resources to even pay for postage. We were woefully under funded. Peter Acworth of Kink heard about the cause, and because of his own experience with the justice system, offered to put together a fundraiser."

For Kink founder Peter Acworth, the cause is personal. Acworth was arrested himself for possession of cocaine in 2013.

“The three-strikes law resulted in tens of thousands of men and women getting life sentences, often for minor crimes like drug possession. As someone who has made mistakes in my own life, and has seen firsthand how differently the justice system treats those with resources, and those without, this became an important and personal cause,” Acworth said.

The May 1 event will be held at the Upper Floor of the San Francisco Armory, a lavish Victorian space where many of the company’s videos are filmed. The catered event will feature DJs, dancing, a cash bar and a bondage demonstration beginning at 8 p.m. PDT.

For tickets and more information, visit CincoDeKinko.com.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More