Lylith LaVey Settles With BangBros Over Mr. Marcus Shoot

LOS ANGELES — Adult performer Lylith LaVey has settled a lawsuit against BangBros after she was said to have been exposed to syphilis while shooting a video with Mr. Marcus.

Lavey, who hasn't contracted syphilis, sued BangBros in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming the studio should have known that Mr. Marcus had the communicable disease prior to the June 24, 2012 shoot.

According to the Daily News, Lavey’s attorneys filed court papers March 13 with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Teresa Beaudet stating that the case was resolved.

Terms of the apparent settlement were not revealed.

Lavey said in the suit that she not only suffered emotional distress, but castigation from others in her industry as a result of the shoot.

“Plaintiff completed the scene with Mr. Marcus and subsequently found out that [Mr. Marcus] had syphilis,” the suit said.

Lavey separately filed a lawsuit against Mr. Marcus and won a $129,000 default judgment from the veteran actor last year.

Her suit against Marcus alleged fraud, negligence, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress.

At the time, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Amy Hogue, noting that Mr. Marcus “abandoned his defense of this case,” said that the porn actress "feels that her reputation in the adult film world has been diminished as a result of filming with [him]."

The Los Angeles' adult film industry expressed sharp emotions, particularly ones of betrayal, over the syphilis outbreak of 2013 that put livelihoods on pause during a performance stoppage.

At the epicenter of the outbreak was Mr. Marcus, who had admitted he had performed in three sex scenes after doctoring his STI test to conceal that he had contracted syphilis.

Marcus eventually was sentenced to 30 days in county jail in June 2013 for knowingly exposing other co-stars to syphilis.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pure Taboo Debuts 'Behind the Scenes Documentary' for Latest 'Under the Bed'

Pure Taboo has released a behind-the-scenes documentary on its series “Under the Bed,” spotlighting the episode “The Growth.”

Connie Perignon Toplines David Perry's 'Sexual Desires 2'

Connie Perignon headlines director David Perry's “Sexual Desires 2” from Evil Angel.

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Rae Sixty Nine Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Rae Sixty Nine has made her TransAngels debut opposite Adam x Lee in the studio’s latest release, titled “Cock Ride.”

Ariel Demure Toplines 'TS MILFs' From TransSensual

Reigning XMAs Trans Performer of the Year Ariel Demure headlines “TS MILFs,” the latest title from Mile High Media studio imprint TransSensual.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Lana Wolf Returns to Immoral Productions

British star Lana Wolf stars in a new two-part scene from Immoral Productions alongside Dean Van Damme and studio honcho “Porno” Dan Leal.

Lulu Chu, Connie Perignon Star in 'Locked, Cocked & Loaded' From Brazzers

Lulu Chu and Connie Perignon star with Victor Ray in the latest release from Brazzers, titled "Locked, Cocked & Loaded."

Adriana Chechik Returns to Evil Angel With Blowbang From Jonni Darkko

Adriana Chechik has returned to Evil Angel with a blowbang from director Jonni Darkko.

Show More