MyRedBook Case Continued to Sept. 25; Attorneys Picked

SAN FRANCISCO — The two operators of MyRedbook.com and SFRedbook.com, the pair of escort websites that were seized by federal authorities in June, face their next court hearing in late September.

Eric Omuro of Mountain View, Calif., and Annmarie Lanoce of Rocklin, Calif. were charged with using the mail and the Internet to facilitate prostitution by a federal grand jury.

Omuro also was charged with 24 counts of money laundering. According to the indictment, Omuro engaged in more than 20 monetary transactions to launder profits derived from the facilitation of prostitution.

Omuro and Lanonce appeared at arraignment hearing on July 10, and, along with federal prosecutors, asked the court to continue the case until Sept. 25 so that all parties had more time to produce and review evidence in the case.

Omuro has tapped attorneys John Weston  and Nanci Clarence, while Lanoce has chosen lawyers Geoffrey Hansen and Brandon LeBlanc to defend her case.

The U.S. Attorney's Office has selected attorney Keith Becker of the Justice Department's Washington-based Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section to handle the government's case.

Both Lanonce and Omuro, who entered not guilty pleas to the charges at San Francisco federal court, are free on bond.

In particular, Omuro, who was charged with money laundering counts, is free on a $500,000 bond secured by his Mountain View, Calif., residence. He is free on several conditions, including that he be subject to electronic monitoring.

Federal prosecutors said that Omuro and Lanoce were complicit with prostitution involvement, listing acronyms for sex acts in a "Terms and Acronyms" section of the site and offering menus of sexual services, hourly and nightly rates and customer reviews.

Prosecutors also pointed to VIP memberships that allowed customers "access to 'private forums' and heightened capabilities to search reviews of the prostitution services."

Some 10,000 sex workers who relied on the sites were placed in financial turbulence in the short term, according to a leading authority on erotic service providers.

Maxine Doogan, who leads the nonprofit ESPLER — known formally as the Erotic Service Provider Legal, Educational and Research Project — told XBIZ earlier this month that MyRedBook, in particular, had more than 40,000 listings for erotic services when it was seized by the FBI and IRS.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More