NICOSIA, Cyprus -- Information disseminated from a BBC article “grossly exaggerate the potential security implications of visiting” PornHub.com, company officials said in a release.
Yesterday’s BBC piece, which XBIZ reported on, said that “malvertising,” or malicious advertising with embedded files, is an ongoing problem for two of the top porn tube sites, PornHub.com and xHamster.com.
The BBC report said that, according to researcher Conrad Longmore, xHamster had malvertising on 1,067 out of 20,986 pages, or 5 percent, screened in the past 90 days. PornHub was found to have malvertising on 12.7 percent of its pages, Longmore noted.
Manwin officials said that Longmore’s data and analysis can be contradicted when it comes to PornHub. (Manwin does not operate xHamster as previously reported.)
“The article refers to figures compiled on a blog that were based on Google's diagnostic advice service,” Manwin officials said. “In the three-month period during which that data was compiled, we can confirm that we served over 33 billion ads and believe that only 0.003 percent of those may have potentially had malware.
“According to Google’s safe-browsing diagnostics, PornHub is currently not listed as a suspicious site. The alleged numbers suggested by the BBC article is inconsistent with the facts currently presented by both Google and the security researcher referenced in the article.
With PornHub.com, which serves 15.5 billion ads each month, “isolated incidents of malware are immediately caught and minute when considering the mammoth amount of traffic our site receives,” said a spokeswoman for Manwin, the company’s parent.
Company officials noted that PornHub works hard to implement rigorous web security programs. They said it scans all ads for malware prior to going live and repetitively scans them for as long as they appear on the website.
“This is a multipronged approach of both internal cutting-edge scanning applications, as well as industry standard tools used by the world’s top-trafficked sites for comprehensive protection, scanning over 100,000 ads each day,” company officials said.
PornHub Officials Say Web Researcher Got It Wrong
Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.
More News
Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines
Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.
Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership
For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.
Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans
U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.
UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'
GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.
Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products
Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.
Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content
Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.
New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products
Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.
WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million
WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.
AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April
AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations
U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).