2 Suits Against Tube Site SunPorno Move Forward

LAS VEGAS & CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — A pair of copyright infringement suits targeting SunPorno.com have moved forward after two judges in separate jurisdictions ruled that discovery requests can go on.

In two separate rulings in the past week, SunPorno.com and its operator were ordered to produce documents and answer interrogatories requested by counsel from both Corbin Fisher and Private Media Group. Both judges limited discovery requests to jurisdictional issues.

Earlier this year, SunPorno and owner Sergej Letyagin of the Czech Republic were sued by Private Media Group and Corbin Fisher in separate suits over allegedly streaming copyrighted videos on its tube site, but the defendants claim they are immune from prosecution because they have no business contacts in either Nevada, where Corbin Fisher filed its case, or Iowa, where Private Media Group filed theirs.

Private Media Group, through its Fraserside Division, sued SunPorno for 39 movies allegedly found on its site, amounting to $5.85 million in damages, while Corbin Fisher's $900,000 complaint targets six of its videos said to be found on SunPorno.

In both cases SunPorno and Letyagin have challenged jurisdictional issues, saying that the cases can't be tried in either Iowa or Nevada, even with the respective states' long-arm statutes, because there are insufficient minimum contacts by the operators — Letyagin says he lives in Prague and SunPorno's parent company is based in Seychelles located in the Indian Ocean.

But today a federal judge in Iowa refused to dismiss Private's suit against SunPorno and Letyagin, saying he didn't yet have to rule on the state's long-arm statute, allowing discovery to go on.

In Corbin Fisher's Nevada claim against SunPorno, a federal judge last Wednesday green lighted discovery requests but put a stay on the requests until a motion to dismiss the suit has been ruled on.

Attorney Val Gurvits, who represents SunPorno and Letyagin, told XBIZ that ultimately both cases against the tube site will be dismissed.

"Both plaintiffs received permission to conduct discovery limited to jurisdictional issues, and  I don’t see these cases going too far beyond that," Gurvits said. "SunPorno does not have sufficient contacts with the states to be subject to jurisdiction here. Moreover, SunPorno complies with the DMCA and is therefore immune from liability for the actions of its users. 

But Jason Tucker, a Private Media Group consultant and director of intellectual property management firm Battleship Stance, said that Gurvits is incorrect, particularly with the Private case.

"Val said back in January that the case would be over soon," Tucker told XBIZ. "Today a federal judge said that it will continue and denied their motion to dismiss. The case is continuing and time will tell all. His client should settle instead of risking his whole business."

Gurvits, however, said the tube site, which has a No. 994 worldwide traffic rank on Alexa, isn't budging and will defend against legal volleys.

 "SunPorno will vigorously defend itself through trial if necessary, but I believe these cases should be dismissed sooner — either for lack of jurisdiction or pursuant to the DMCA's safe harbor," Gurvits said.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Brazzers Launches Model Management Division 'Brazzers Creator'

Brazzers has launched its new full-service model management division, Brazzers Creator, offering content management services across multiple platforms.

FTC Promises 'Vigorous' TAKE IT DOWN Act Enforcement

The Federal Trade Commission is warning platforms that the agency will strongly enforce the notice-and-removal requirements of the TAKE IT DOWN Act, which go into effect next week on May 19.

STD Hero Joins Pineapple Support as Sponsor

Better Life Science brand STD Hero has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

2026 XBIZ Miami Speaker, Open-Floor Conversation Guide Lineup Announced

XBIZ is pleased to announce the release of the full speaker lineup for XBIZ Miami, the latest edition of the adult industry’s premier summer conference, set to take place May 11-14 at the Goodtime Hotel in Miami Beach.

Show More