Private Media Group Gives Up Sureflix as Part of Settlement

TORONTO — Private Media Group has divested itself of its Sureflix Digital Distribution division, releasing the gay adult company to its original ownership as part of a settlement agreement.

The deal settles claims made by shareholders Eric Johnson, Erik Schannen and Michel Lozier alleging Private Media Group made material misrepresentations to induce the o­riginal owners into a deal to acquire it, as well as other allegations.

Sureflix of Toronto was acquired by Private Media Group in October 2009. Sureflix operates a network of gay pay-per-view VOD websites and supplies gay adult programming under the MaleFlixxx brand.

"Pursuant to the settlement agreement, the company transferred back to Messrs. Schannen, Lozier and Johnson all of the outstanding capital stock of [Sureflix]," Private Media Group said in a statement.

Private Media Group said that Johnson, who led Private during receivership, will remain as a director on the company's board.

In late May, Private Media Group also agreed to give up its GameLink division as part of a settlement deal with former Private Media Group CEO Ilan Bunimovitz and a number of investors.

Private Media Group transferred all of the outstanding stock in GameLink's operating parent companies ThinkForward Inc. and GreenCine Inc. to Bunimovitz, as well as investing shareholders Andrew Sullivan and Peter Marinac.

Both the GameLink and Sureflix settlement agreements culminate several years of wrangling in Nevada courts between Consipio Holding BV investors and Private Media Group. Plaintiff shareholders had claimed the company had been rocked by embezzlement, among other charges, from moves made by former CEO Berth Milton and former directors. In the end, the company changed its front office and board of directors.

Charles Prast, the current Private Media Group CEO, and Johnson both were unable to be reached for comment Monday evening by XBIZ.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More