New Frontier Reacts to Longkloof Takeover Attempt

BOULDER, Colo. — Adult transactional TV provider New Frontier Media's current board in a terse public statement yesterday said that it will attempt to fend off a shareholder battle for board seats and possible control of the company.

The announcement by New Frontier's board was directed at London-based Longkloof Ltd., which has been identified as a division of Hosken Consolidated Investments, which this week said it intends to nominate four individuals to New Frontier's board at its upcoming annual meeting of shareholders.

Longkloof is New Frontier's largest stockholder and, according to New Frontier's board, has been building up its holdings for the past 18 months.

Hosken's Longkloof unit earlier this year made a bid to acquire the Boulder, Colo.-based company for $1.35 per share of the stock it doesn't own. Adult entertainment giant Manwin, one month after Longkloof's bid, offered to buy the adult entertainment distributor for $1.50 per share.  

Hosken Consolidated Investments is a public company based in Cape Town, South Africa, that trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the ticker HCL.

In a statement Wednesday, Alan L. Isaacman, chairman of New Frontier Media’s special committee designed to evaluate the Hosken and Manwin bids, said that Hosken's announcement to attempt to place four members of its company represents a potential takeover battle that will be costly.

“Hosken’s threatened proxy contest is a transparent attempt to take control of New Frontier Media by placing four of Hosken’s hand-picked candidates on New Frontier Media’s six-member board who would then be in a position to give favorable consideration to Hosken’s unsolicited $1.35 per share offer.” Isaacman said.

“It is unfortunate that rather than choosing to engage constructively with the Special Committee’s financial advisor, Hosken has chosen to launch a potentially costly and distracting proxy contest.”

New Frontier said that Hosken and its affiliated companies have turned deaf when it comes to its requests for conditions, financing, timing and any government approvals.

"To date, more than three weeks later, the Hosken affiliate, while acknowledging receipt of the information request, has not provided any of the information requested or otherwise engaged in discussions with the Special Committee’s financial advisor," the company said in a statement.

"In addition, Hosken has given no indication to New Frontier Media that it is prepared to increase its proposed offer price in light of Manwin’s publicly disclosed higher competing proposal."

New Frontier, however, did say that company officials did meet with Hosken representatives, including a recent meeting with Marcel Golding, the executive chairman of Hosken, and Hosken’s U.S. representative, Adam Rothstein.

"New Frontier remains open to having future discussions with Hosken provided they are constructive," the company said. "However, the disparaging and inflammatory tone of Hosken’s various communications, in particular its [initial press release on a planned takeover of the company], both of which contain false and misleading statements, together with Hosken’s threatened proxy contest do not promote a constructive dialogue between New Frontier Media and Hosken or its representatives."

Hosken said that its four board nominees are Eric Doctorow, a former Paramount Pictures exec; Mahomed Khalik Ismail Sherrif, who is COO of Hosken unit Sabido; Willem Deon Nel, Sabido's CFO; and Barbara Wall,  a former Lionsgate exec.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Sofie Marie Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Sofie Marie stars with her husband Spike, Dan Damage, and Isiah Maxwell in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Elegant Angel Debuts James Avalon Drama 'Summer & Joy'

Elegant Angel has released the first installment of the James Avalon-helmed drama "Summer & Joy."

Octavia Red Stars in 'Lipstick on the Glass' From Deeper

Reigning XMAs Girl/Girl Performer of the Year Octavia Red stars with Ashley Lane and Mannie Coco in "Lipstick on the Glass," from Vixen Media Group studio imprint Deeper.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

Show More