Match.com Seeks to Take Down XXXMatch.com, EroticMatch.com

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Online personals giant Match.com has asked a federal court to place an injunction over the operation of XXXMatch.com and EroticMatch.com, claiming that the sites are a rip off of its 17-year-old brand and confusing its customers.

The lawsuit, filed Monday, also says that the operators have lifted and embellished its slogan, "Love is complicated, Match.com is simple" for one of the sites.  EroticMatch, the suit says, uses the slogan, "Love is complicated, sex is simple" in marketing materials.

Defendants named in the suit include the officers and directors of Fiesta Catering International, which owns the familiar brands SexSearch.com, Orgasm.com, ManLink.com, HookUpPartners.com, SlutSeeker.com and numerous others.

Match.com attorneys, who filed the case at U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va., said that XXXMatch.com and EroticMatch.com's operators are in violation of Section 32 of the Lanham Act because the sites are likely to mislead consumers and potential consumers that their services are affiliated with Match.com

"The XXXMatch.com and EroticMatch.com websites were designed by defendants to make consumers believe mistakenly that the dating services offered through them are associated with Match.com service, and that they emanate from Match.com, thus trading off of Match.com's goodwill," the suit said.

Both XXXMatch.com and EroticMatch.com offer online adult personals, using sexy avatars to guide users through a battery of erotic questions for the right match. The member sites can be accessed for $30 a month, with three- and 12-month packages available.

Match.com, meanwhile, sells basic memberships for $40 a month, with discounts for three- and six-month packages.

Match.com is asking the court to restrain Fiesta Catering's operators from using the website names and slogans, as well as treble damages on all profits realized in conjunction with the use of the brands.

Match.com also is asking for Fiesta Catering to abandon an application to register trademarks at issue in the case. According to U.S Patent and Trademark applications, Fiesta Catering filed for marks relative to the tagline at issue in the case and XXXMatch.com last year.

XBIZ was unable to reach Fiesta Catering operators for comment on the suit.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More