Isaacs Jury Is Hung on Obscenity Charges

LOS ANGELES — U.S. District Judge George King has dismissed jurors in the Ira Isaacs obscenity case, declaring that they have failed to deliver a verdict and are hung as to reaching a decision.

Through the three-day trial, jurors viewed four movies Isaacs is accused of distributing and that the Justice Department has declared obscene. Jurors started deliberating on Monday.

At post time, it wasn't clear whether federal prosecutors will retry the case.

"Yes, I'm happy with the [outcome]" Isaacs told XBIZ. "But I've got to do it all over again. This is my existential fate — I'm going to be in court for the rest of my life."

Isaacs said jurors were deadlocked 10-2 in favor of finding him guilty.

Two of the jurors who voted against conviction were women, including a 75-year-old who entered the courtroom one day last week wearing a Christmas-themed sweater with snowmen.

Isaacs said the juror told him after the trial that her late husband was a maker of horror films, and that she found artistic value in the movies.

Isaacs, who operates Stolen Car Films and LA Media, pleaded not guilty to obscenity charges for videos allegedly distributed in 2007 and 2011.

The government in the case targeted the movies "Mako’s First Time Scat," "Hollywood Scat Amateurs #7," "Hollywood Scat Amateurs #1" and "Japanese Doggie 3 Way."

The long-running case was put on hold in 2010 after federal appellate Judge Alex Kozinski, a visiting judge at the district court, recused himself after it was revealed that he used a website to distribute sexually explicit photos and videos.

Later, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided that Kozinski exercised “sound discretion” in declaring a mistrial in the Isaacs case because of “extraordinary circumstances.”

But federal prosecutors continued on with the case against Isaacs and last year made a superseding indictment to add five more counts to the original five from 2007. Prosecutors later narrowed the charges down to five.

Attorney Roger Jon Diamond, who has represented Isaacs through the years in the two obscenity trials, told XBIZ that the government shouldn't consider retrying the case.

"Ira Isaacs and I are very pleased that he was not convicted, but we do not want a third trial," he said. "We've already had two trials. Two's enough."

Diamond went on to say that the government from the get-go has played hardball in its attempt to get a victory on federal obscenity charges.

"This case arose from the original Kozinski trial," he said. "The government bullied its way through that case then and intimidated Judge Kozinski."

"We think the case should be dropped now."

Michael Grant, the lead Justice Department attorney trying the Isaacs case, could not be reached for XBIZ comment late Tuesday.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ravyn Alexa, Sav Shaw & Elly Clutch Lead Latest From Brazzers

Ravyn Alexa, Sav Shaw, and multi-XMAs winner Elly Clutch star in the latest Brazzers release, "Perfect 10 GF Brings the Heat."

Lucy Mochi, Tina Yoshi Front Latest From Jules Jordan

Lucy Mochi and Tina Yoshi star with Victor Ray in the latest scene from Jules Jordan Video.

Clémence Audiard, Leya Desantis Star in Latest From MixedX

Clémence Audiard and Leya Desantis star in the latest release from MixedX, titled "Possessed by You."

Brazil Invites Public Input on AV Guidelines

Brazil’s National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) on Friday launched a public consultation on developing guidelines for age verification mechanisms under the country’s Digital Statute for Children and Adolescents (Digital ECA), which requires adult websites to age-verify users located in Brazil.

Meagan Moore Performs Her 1st Girl/Girl Scene for Bellesa Plus

Meagan Moore has performed in her first girl/girl scene alongside Violet Starr and Ryan Driller in the latest release from Bellesa Plus, titled “You Deserve This.”

Britt Ramsey Makes Her WIFEY Debut

Britt Ramsey stars with her husband Chad and multi-XMAs winner Alex Jones in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint WIFEY.

Hailey Rose Talks New 'Titwoman' Showcase for Elegant Angel

Keisha Gray, Angela White, Octavia Red, and Blake Blossom. These are the well-endowed women who have played the character of "Titwoman" for Elegant Angel.

Digital Playground Premieres Ricky Greenwood's Feature Comedy 'In The Bag'

Digital Playground has dropped “In The Bag,” a ‘70s-inspired comedy from multi-XMAs winner Ricky Greenwood.

Jasmine Sherni Performs 1st Gangbang for Brazzers

Jasmine Sherni performs her first gangbang in the latest Brazzers release, "Operation Open Wide."

Carmen Valentina Stars in Latest Release From FreeUse

Carmen Valentina stars in the latest POV release from FreeUse.

Show More