Private Sees Brighter Outlook Despite Net Loss

BARCELONA — Private Media Group, which swung to a loss in its second quarter, reports it plans on increasing the number of new titles released in its fourth quarter and saw a steep hike in memberships with its relaunched Private.com membership platform.

The quarterly report comes on the eve of an election that will choose the company's board of directors.

Private reported Monday that it had a net loss of $1.59 million in the past three months ending June 30. In the same period last year, Private had net income of $1.34 million.

The Barcelona-based company said that during the past six months it released fewer new DVD titles compared to the same period 2010 and that it had an impact on both DVD and broadcasting sales. Private content is broadcasted via 194 platforms in 42 countries.

The year-old Private.com membership platform attracted 8.1 million absolute unique visitors in the past six months, Private says, representing an increase of 70 percent compared to for the old site during the same period in 2010.

Private's new platform features a number of proprietary sites and also is available as a white label version.

Another bright outlook for Private is its European IPTV market, where the company saw a gain of 25 percent to 20.7 million subscribers, allowing for75 percent market coverage.

"France remains the 'world champion' IPTV country with 10.3 million subscribers and we cover 100 percent of this market," a Private filing said.

Private also reported that mobile content delivery also shines bright, saying that the company expects "to generate substantial growth from our mobile VOD initiatives going forward.

Private shareholders plan on voting for directors of the company this week. A Nevada judge ordered a new shareholders vote after an earlier one had been invalidated by the court.

She earlier ruled that 3.95 million shares were "concealed" by CEO Berth Milton, who had been required to provide them to Consipio Holding BV after Private defaulted on its debt to Consipio.

The order is a result of litigation between former CEO Ilan Bunimovitz and Private.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ameena Green on Delayed Gratification and Finding her 'Synthesis' Moment

In an industry that sometimes moves at breakneck speed, Ameena Green is taking it slow.

Pearl Industry Network Launches 'TrustLink' Verification Platform for Creators

Trade group Pearl Industry Network (PiN) has launched TrustLink, its free verification platform for creators.

Juliana Marie Makes Her West Coast Productions Debut

Juliana Marie has made her debut for West Coast Productions (WCP), alongside Jovan Jordan, in the studio’s latest release, titled “The Monster Tamer.”

Krystal Sparks, Nicky Huntsman & Natalia Starr Front 'Austin Powers' Parody From MYLF

Krystal Sparks, Natalia Starr, and Nicky Huntsman star with Quinton James in a new “Austin Powers” parody from MYLF.

Scarlet Chase Stars in 'Slippery Sloppy Slut' From SecretCrush

Evil Angel has released the latest scene from Scarlet Chase's SecretCrush brand, titled "Slippery Sloppy Slut."

UPDATED: Supreme Court Rejects Tariffs, Trump Responds

The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday ruled against the Trump administration’s sweeping tariffs, which have significantly impacted the pleasure industry, prompting the president to announce a new tariff strategy as a workaround.

Ricky's Room Releases New Title 'Gemini's Room'

Ricky’s Room has released its Baby Gemini showcase, "Gemini’s Room," on DVD.

Candee Licious, Zazie Skymm Star in Latest From MixedX

Candee Licious and Zazie Skymm star in the latest release from MixedX, titled “The Other Memory.”

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Show More