3 Gay Studios Push for Default in Tube Site Suit

OAKLAND, Calif. — The long-running $29 million lawsuit waged by Channel One Releasing, Corbin Fisher and Titan Media against tube site operators Steven and David Compton has taken a turn.

The three gay adult studios, which teamed up in an infringement suit against the Comptons for poached content on JerkYourTube.com, GayForIt.com and ItsAllGay.com, have filed a motion for terminating sanctions for spoliation of evidence.

"What this means is that the defendants have admitted that they destroyed key evidence in this case," attorney Marc Randazza, who represents Corbin Fisher, told XBIZ. "The extent of the destruction was so great that it seems likely that the court will simply grant a default in the case to the plaintiffs."

The Comptons, according to a court filing, allegedly destroyed emails, video files and other documents and had continued refusal "ad nauseum" to provide access to 1.8 million records in their database during the discovery process.

Randazza further said that the Comptons tried to change focus by demanding information on the three studios' "lost revenues" from alleged piracy, noting that oftentimes infringement defendants "try and employ desperate measures to misdirect the court and to sap the plaintiff's resolve."  

"One tactic they take is threatening to make the discovery process burdensome by claiming a right to dig into the plaintiff's financial records and other matters that are wholly irrelevant to the issue of copyright infringement," he said. 

If the judge rules for a default, Randazza said that he and attorney Gill Sperlein, who represents Titan Media, plan on an aggressive move against the tube sites' business partners.

"[W]e fully expect to begin a collection campaign which will include taking action against anyone who did business with these infringers, because you can't view any of these websites without knowing full well that they are a clearinghouse for stolen content," Randazza said. 

In the original complaint, the three U.S. studios contend that the Compton's business model follows a system where they require uploaders to "strip away any evidence that the content is a professional or copyright registered work by prohibiting any video that has the copyright owners’ titles, credits or watermarks."

"Defendants place their brand on plaintiff’s intellectual property as if it belonged to them," the original complaint says.

The Comptons, both U.K. residents, not only are known as operators of the three similar-formatted sites, but the pair last year rolled out COP-CMS, a software program that proclaims to protect adult studios from copyright infringement.

In an earlier response to the suit, the Comptons said that their companies are immune from civil liability because they operate as an Internet service provider under the safe provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

The Comptons also contend in their responses that they can't be sued in the U.S. because it is an "inconvenient forum" because they operate as an U.K.-based company.

A hearing will be held at U.S. District Court in Oakland later this month relative to the evidence motion against the Comptons.

Jonathan Capp, an Oceanside, Calif.-based attorney who represents the Comptons through their GLBT Ltd. company, did not immediately respond to XBIZ for comment.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Sara Jay, Dan Leal to Sponsor XBIZ Amsterdam Kick-Off Event

Sara Jay’s Wyde Syde Productions and Porno Dan Leal’s Market64 will co-sponsor the Bottoms Up Day Drinking kick-off event for XBIZ Amsterdam 2025 at Excalibur Café on Sept. 2, from 2-4 p.m. (CET).

AEBN Publishes Report on DP Trends

AEBN has published a report on DP and extreme penetration categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Free Speech Coalition Appoints Megan Stokes to Board of Directors

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced today that it has appointed Megan Stokes to its Board of Directors.

FansRevenue Acquires DivaTraffic

FansRevenue has acquired web traffic service DivaTraffic.

AEBN Announces Peter Green as Top Male Boy/Girl Performer for Summer 2025

AEBN has revealed its top 10 male Boy/Girl performers for summer 2025, with Peter Green landing atop the leaderboard.

Spicey AI Relaunches Site, Debuts $Spicey Tokens

Interactive voice chat platform Spicey AI has relaunched its website and introduced $Spicey tokens.

FSC: Missouri Age Verification Rule Will Not Take Effect August 30

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) announced that Missouri's proposed age verification legislation will not take effect on August 30, as it had originally estimated.

Little Caprice, Marcello Bravo to Co-Host 2025 XMA Europa Awards

XBIZ is pleased to announce that husband-and-wife duo Little Caprice and Marcello Bravo will co-host adult’s biggest night in Europe: the 2025 XMA Europa Awards on Sept. 4, in the epic climax to XBIZ’s fall events series.

Germany Will Block Payments to AV-Noncompliant Adult Sites as of Dec. 1

Starting Dec. 1, Germany will implement new rules prohibiting financial institutions from providing payment services to adult sites deemed to have inadequate age verification systems and making it easier for the government to target websites mirroring the content of such sites.

Jerkmate Joins Pineapple Support as Partner-Level Sponsor

Jerkmate has joined the ranks of over 70 adult businesses and organizations committing funds and resources to Pineapple Support.

Show More