GGW's Francis Ready to Defend Himself in Underage Suit

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — Girls Gone Wild CEO Joe Francis said he is “fully prepared” to represent himself at his trial in which four women accuse him of sexually exploiting them when they were minors.

The plaintiffs sued Francis and three corporations he controls, MRA Holdings, Mantra Films and AERO Falcons, for “filming them exposing their breasts and/or engaging in sexually explicit conduct” for the “Girls Gone Wild” series.

The lawsuit is set for March 28, but Francis has had a difficult time finding and retaining counsel. His most recent attorney, Frederick Bateman, withdrew from the case because Francis failed to follow ethical and procedural requirements, according to OnPointNews.com.

Bateman then sued Francis for unpaid fees, claiming he owes him close to $500,000. Francis said he has paid the amount due under his retainer agreement.

Last week, U.S District Judge Richard Smoak entered a default judgment against the corporations because Francis failed to secure counsel for them.

Francis has declared in court that he has been looking for representation and has contacted dozens of attorneys, attempts that he said have proven even more difficult because of his former attorney’s refusal to turn over his case file.

Corporations cannot represent themselves and a default judgment can be entered against a corporation that is not represented by a lawyer. In a default damages proceeding, a defendant can only cross-examine witnesses and object to the plaintiff's evidence.

“Defendants’ numerous [procedural] violations demonstrate a flagrant and willful disregard of the rules of the court,” Smoak said in his default motion.

If the judge does enter a default judgment against Francis at trial, he and his corporate entities would stand trial only on the issue of damages.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pure Taboo Debuts 'Behind the Scenes Documentary' for Latest 'Under the Bed'

Pure Taboo has released a behind-the-scenes documentary on its series “Under the Bed,” spotlighting the episode “The Growth.”

Connie Perignon Toplines David Perry's 'Sexual Desires 2'

Connie Perignon headlines director David Perry's “Sexual Desires 2” from Evil Angel.

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Rae Sixty Nine Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Rae Sixty Nine has made her TransAngels debut opposite Adam x Lee in the studio’s latest release, titled “Cock Ride.”

Ariel Demure Toplines 'TS MILFs' From TransSensual

Reigning XMAs Trans Performer of the Year Ariel Demure headlines “TS MILFs,” the latest title from Mile High Media studio imprint TransSensual.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Lana Wolf Returns to Immoral Productions

British star Lana Wolf stars in a new two-part scene from Immoral Productions alongside Dean Van Damme and studio honcho “Porno” Dan Leal.

Lulu Chu, Connie Perignon Star in 'Locked, Cocked & Loaded' From Brazzers

Lulu Chu and Connie Perignon star with Victor Ray in the latest release from Brazzers, titled "Locked, Cocked & Loaded."

Adriana Chechik Returns to Evil Angel With Blowbang From Jonni Darkko

Adriana Chechik has returned to Evil Angel with a blowbang from director Jonni Darkko.

FSC Announces 2025 Board of Directors Election Nominees

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has announced the nominees for its 2025 Board of Directors election.

Show More