AIM Clinics Shut Down, Working With County to Reopen

LOS ANGELES — L.A. County health officials shut down AIM Healthcare Foundation this morning, issuing a cease-and-desist order based on the state’s denial of the clinic’s license application.

“It means that the clinic must cease patient services, but can continue administrative duties such as informing patients of their test results,” Al Lundeen, deputy director at the California Department of Public Health, told XBIZ.

Lundeen said the department is committed to working with the facility to help it get through the application process and added that AIM had this morning already provided the additional information needed.

One of the requirements of the application process is that AIM needs to show that it has a “transfer agreement” with another facility, where patients who need more treatment can be transferred.

As of this afternoon, AIM clinic administrator Brooke Hunter said she did not have a comment, but implied that they are making every effort to comply with the application process.

Clinic officials were notified Tuesday that their license application had been denied.

The clinic applied for an application June 7, but state officials said the application was “incomplete.”

Meanwhile, the AIDS Healthcare Foundation held a press conference once again targeting AIM and applauding the county for shutting down the clinic.

“The fig leaf for the adult industry has been removed,” said Michael Weinstein, AIDS Healthcare Foundation president.

But he said the county needs to do more to protect the public’s health.

“The adult film industry needs to be shut down, or start enforcement of condom use today,” Weinstein said.

Weinstein said that AIM and the adult industry have been breaking the law for years and that politicians have been unwilling to enforce the current law.

AIM said it will issue a statement later today.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Pure Taboo Debuts 'Behind the Scenes Documentary' for Latest 'Under the Bed'

Pure Taboo has released a behind-the-scenes documentary on its series “Under the Bed,” spotlighting the episode “The Growth.”

Connie Perignon Toplines David Perry's 'Sexual Desires 2'

Connie Perignon headlines director David Perry's “Sexual Desires 2” from Evil Angel.

Proposed New Hampshire AV Bill Appears to Violate Constitution

A bill in the New Hampshire state legislature, aimed at requiring adult sites to age-verify users in that state, contains a provision that seemingly contradicts the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the U.S. Constitution.

Rae Sixty Nine Makes Her TransAngels Debut

Rae Sixty Nine has made her TransAngels debut opposite Adam x Lee in the studio’s latest release, titled “Cock Ride.”

Ariel Demure Toplines 'TS MILFs' From TransSensual

Reigning XMAs Trans Performer of the Year Ariel Demure headlines “TS MILFs,” the latest title from Mile High Media studio imprint TransSensual.

AEBN Publishes Report on Fetish Trends

AEBN has published a report on fetish categories from its straight and gay theaters.

Online Child Protection Hearing to Include Federal AV Bill

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week on a slate of bills aimed at protecting minors online, including the SCREEN Act, which would make site-based age verification of users seeking to access adult content federal law.

Lana Wolf Returns to Immoral Productions

British star Lana Wolf stars in a new two-part scene from Immoral Productions alongside Dean Van Damme and studio honcho “Porno” Dan Leal.

Lulu Chu, Connie Perignon Star in 'Locked, Cocked & Loaded' From Brazzers

Lulu Chu and Connie Perignon star with Victor Ray in the latest release from Brazzers, titled "Locked, Cocked & Loaded."

Adriana Chechik Returns to Evil Angel With Blowbang From Jonni Darkko

Adriana Chechik has returned to Evil Angel with a blowbang from director Jonni Darkko.

Show More