Another Insurer Refuses to Defend Reality Kings

MIAMI — Another insurer is attempting to cut ties from Reality Kings in the multimillion-dollar copyright infringement claim made by 26 recording company plaintiffs.

Darwin Select Insurance Co. of Farmington, Conn., has filed suit in Miami, claiming Reality Kings operators concealed and misrepresented material facts when they signed a media liability insurance policy with them last year.

Specifically, Darwin alleges that Reality Kings falsely answered questions about previous litigation on its application.

Darwin points out in the suit that Reality Kings did not disclose it was involved in two lawsuits: One involving adult performer Flower Tucci, who alleged that the adult company unlawfully registered websites using her stage name, and another involving a CAN-SPAM claim brought on by the U.S. government.

Darwin also claims that Reality Kings representatives answered "no" to a question on the policy's application whether it would use unoriginal recordings with productions. The insurer further said that Reality Kings wrongfully said in the application that it receives consents from all performers, artists and musicians relative to scheduled productions.

XBIZ was unable to receive comment from attorneys from either of the parties; however, Darwin's claim, filed at U.S. District Court in Miami, asks the court for a rescission of the policy and to declare that it has no obligation to pay potential loss or defense expenses incurred by Reality Kings.

"The misrepresentations were material because had [Reality Kings] provided accurate information to Darwin, Darwin would have declined to issue the policy on the same terms, if at all," the suit said.

Another Reality Kings insurer, American Safety Indemnity Company, also has refused to defend the Miami adult company.

Reality Kings' parent, RK Netmedia, filed suit in September against American Safety because it refused to defend and indemnify the company in the record company suit.

Since mid summer, Reality Kings has been defending itself in federal court over the use of recorded music used in connection with 195 Reality Kings videos.

The recording companies say in the suit filed at U.S. District Court in Los Angeles that Reality Kings poached the most-popular recordings from Madonna, Flo Rida, Gnarls Barkley, Sean Paul, Katy Perry, Bubba Sparxxx and David Guetta. It also said it stole musical compositions written or co-written by Michael Jackson, T.I., Katy Perry, Timbaland, Dr. Dre, Lil Wayne, Sisqo, Kelly Clarkson, Sean "Puffy" Combs, Notorious B.I.G. and Usher.

The recording industry suit seeks $150,000 for each alleged infringement. .

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

FSC Updates Complaint in Tennessee AV Case, AG Motions to Dismiss

The Free Speech Coalition this week filed an amended complaint in its lawsuit challenging the Protect Tennessee Minors Act as unconstitutional, in response to which the Tennessee attorney general motioned for dismissal of the case.

Cherie DeVille Joins Woodhull Freedom Foundation 'Free Speech' Panel

Multi-XMAs winner Cherie DeVille will join the upcoming Woodhull Freedom Foundation panel series "Fact Checked by Woodhull," addressing free speech on Feb. 26.

Wisconsin AV Bill Moves Ahead, Minus Anti-VPN Provisions

The Wisconsin state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require adult websites to verify the ages of users, but approved an amendment striking proposed language that would have required sites to block virtual private network traffic.

Pineapple Support Introduces 'Wellbeing by PS' Service

Pineapple Support has debuted its new Wellbeing by PS service, providing mental health support packages for companies and agencies.

MyMember.site Integrates Bluesky Functionality

MyMember.site has added Bluesky features to its website management platform.

GirlsDoPorn Defendants Ordered to Pay Victims $75.5 Million

A federal court has ordered former GirlsDoPorn owner Michael Pratt and his co-defendants in the GDP sex trafficking case to pay restitution totaling $75,568,283.47 to 106 victims.

SWR Data Publishes 'Clip Trend' Report

Adult industry market research firm SWR Data has published a report on clip platform performance and sales.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

Show More