Isaacs Could Face Obscenity Trial as Early as October

LOS ANGELES — The federal obscenity case against Ira Isaacs is moving forward.

U.S. District Judge George King has calendared an Aug. 2 trial setting and status conference for Isaacs, who faces multiple obscenity-related counts in connection with movies his company distributed through the mail.

King has ordered Isaacs and his attorney, Roger Jon Diamond, to appear at the pretrial proceeding in his chambers.

Diamond told XBIZ that trial in the case could begin in 70 days after the August proceeding, or as early as October.

Isaacs, who owns Stolen Cars Films and LA Media, was targeted by federal prosecutors over the distribution of “Gang Bang Horse — ‘Pony Sex Game,’” “Mako’s First Time Scat,” “Hollywood Scat Amateurs No. 7” and “BAE 20.”

Diamond earlier this year asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review Isaacs' case. The Justice Department's Obscenity Prosecution Task Force attorneys agreed at the time to waive pretrial proceedings relative to his retrial while the highest court in the country decides whether to take up the case.

Isaacs' obscenity case was put on hold last year after federal Judge Alex Kozinski recused himself after it was revealed that he used a website to distribute sexually explicit photos and videos.

Diamond contended that Isaacs, who is free on bond, shouldn’t be retried because there was no manifest necessity for the declaration of the mistrial, which was declared without Isaacs' consent, and that it would amount to double jeopardy, a procedural defense that forbids a defendant from being tried twice for the same crime on the same set of facts.

“My argument has been that Kozinski prematurely called a mistrial, when they could have put in a new judge midway through the proceedings,” Diamond told XBIZ earlier this year.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided Kozinski’s recusal was proper and that Kozinski exercised “sound discretion” in declaring a mistrial because of “extraordinary circumstances.”

"Ira had the right to have his trial concluded," Diamond said. "He has a right not to stand trial a second time."

But the U.S. Supreme Court hasn't taken up the case.

On Friday, Diamond said that he is confident that Isaacs would be found not guilty when the case goes to trial again. Diamond estimated it would take one week to complete the case in federal court.

"I think we have a very good position, and I think Ira will do a good job on the stand," he said.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Madison Ivy Returns to Brazzers

Madison Ivy has returned to Brazzers alongside studio exclusive Girthmasterr in "The Boss is Back."

Ivy Ireland Toplines Jonni Darkko's 'Anal Size Queens 2'

Ivy Ireland headlines the second volume of director Jonni Darkko's "Anal Size Queens," from Evil Angel.

Juliana Marie, Thea Summers Lead Latest From TeamSkeet

Juliana Marie and Thea Summers star with Jayden Marcos in the latest release from TeamSkeet's "Reptyle Labs" series.

Tiffani Time Stars in Latest From Kink.com

Tiffani Time stars with Nicolas Ryder in the latest installment of Kink.com's "Divine Bitches" series, titled "Power Fucked."

Kazumi Partners With Rose in Good Faith to Release 'V-Mule' Vulva-Shaped Footwear

Multi-XMAs winner Kazumi has teamed up with fashion brand Rose in Good Faith to release V-Mule vulva-shaped footwear.

Another German Court Rejects Blocking Orders Against Pornhub, YouPorn

A German court has blocked the Rhineland-Palatinate Media Authority (MA RLP) from forcing telecom providers based within the court’s jurisdiction to cut off access to Aylo-owned adult sites Pornhub and YouPorn.

Cubbi Thompson Leads Latest From New Sensations

Cubbi Thompson stars with Codey Steele in the latest release from New Sensations.

Ofcom Fines Kick Online Entertainment $1 Million for AV Noncompliance

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Thursday fined Kick Online Entertainment 800,000 pounds (more than $1 million) for failing to implement age checks as required for compliance with the Online Safety Act.

FSC Details Legislative Outlook for 2026

The Free Speech Coalition (FSC) has laid out the legislative outlook for the industry in 2026.

Show More