Sexpo Plans to Go Public, Eyes New Markets

QUEENSLAND, Australia — Sexpo late Tuesday said it plans on going public by November and has eyes on new markets, including New Zealand, Europe and the U.S.

The plan, to be revealed at the Brisbane Sexpo in Southbank, Australia, on Thursday, will spell out what the company will do in the next six months and detail strategic partnerships in key markets. Show promoters expect 40,000 attendees at the Brisbane event.

“Essentially this will fund our expansion and enable us to bring the show to new countries, including the U.S.," Rob Godwin, general manager of Sexpo, told XBIZ.

"When the rest of the world thinks of Australian brands, they say Fosters, Vegemite, Qantas, Telstra and now Sexpo. Let’s make Sexpo the biggest Australian entertainment export and be proud of it.

“Our parent company is Australia’s oldest and most successful adult related business with 33 years experience. Recession or boom — sex sells, and I think the combination of this successful track record, with the increased number of visitors to Sexpo, will encourage interest from potential small and large investors.

“We are proud of our heritage but the demand and need for our show to expand around the world is very strong.”

Sexpo attracted over 250,000 people to its exhibitions across Australia and in South Africa last year.

. Additional exhibitions are planned for New Zealand and London in 2011.

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Phoenix Marie, Cory Chase Star in Latest From MILFY

Phoenix Marie and Cory Chase star with Dan Damage in the latest release from Vixen Media Group studio imprint MILFY.

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Nexus Expands 'Bendz' Collection

Nexus has introduced a collection of anal plugs from its Bendz line.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

Reagan Foxx Headlines 'Mom's Little Cuck' From Reality Junkies

2023 XMAs MILF Performer of the Year Reagan Foxx toplines "Mom’s Little Cuck" from Mile High Media studio imprint Reality Junkies.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Orion Debuts 2 New Styles From Cottelli Lingerie

Orion Wholesale has introduced two new styles from its Cottelli Lingerie line.

Clémence Audiard on Blending Gonzo With High-Style Eroticism

There's an unmistakable radiance that surrounds Clémence Audiard — a glow born of the power to manifest her own vision. With Clemence Crave, her self-funded and self-directed production house, Audiard has sculpted a universe entirely her own.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Show More