Jennifer Lopez's Ex Shopping a Sex Tape; Judge Issues TRO

LOS ANGELES — Sex tape releases have become a dime a dozen in recent months, but Monday’s revelation involving an A-list Hollywood celebrity is raising eyebrows.

Jennifer Lopez, in a suit filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, won a court order Monday barring ex-husband Ojani Noa from making their sex life public — at least for a day.

Judge James C. Chalfant issued a temporary injunction blocking Noa from shopping a videotape that includes sexual situations, including those on she and her ex-husband’s honeymoon.

The order is in effect until a hearing on whether to extend it is completed. That hearing was scheduled to resume Tuesday.

Lopez is attempting to put a halt to ex-husband Ojani Noa’s efforts of shopping a videotape that includes sexual situations, including those on she and her ex-husband’s honeymoon.

Lopez claims Noa and filmmaker Ed Meyer are "producing and marketing for sale a feature film titled 'How I Married Jennifer Lopez: The JLo and Ojani Noa Story' ... which they describe as the 'story of Jennifer Lopez's tumultuous first marriage to Cuban immigrant, chef and model Ojani Noa.'"

The video, according to the suit, contains footage showing Lopez "in revealing lack of clothing, and in sexual situations, especially in the hotel room footage from ... [their] honeymoon."

Meyer, according to the suit, allegedly claims to have acquired from Noa the exclusive rights to what Meyer described as an “11-plus hours of previously unseen home video footage of Jennifer Lopez and Ojani Noa.”

The suit said that Noa plans to market and license the sex tape in DVD format at the American Film Market, which currently is being held through Wednesday at the Loew’s hotel in Santa Monica, Calif.

Lopez and Noa were married from February 2007 until January 2008. Noa, a Cuban-born model, later worked as a chef in Lopez's restaurant, Madre's, and sued her in December 2004, after he was fired.

In the most recent suit, Lopez claims Noa and filmmaker Ed Meyer are violating an injunction she won when Noa tried to publish a book about their marriage.

Lopez says her attorney warned Meyer last Monday by email that he was violating a court injunction by marketing the movie containing the home videos.

"In response, that same day Meyer sent Lopez's attorney an email in which he stated that the home video materials depict Lopez 'in revealing lack of clothing, and in sexual situations, especially in the hotel room footage from [her and Noa's] honeymoon,' and that the injunction is '100 percent ineffective,'" the suit said.

Later, after an exchange of emails that Monday, Meyer said that: 'I don't even need to litigate this in the court system, as I can litigate it in the media.'"

Meyer claims the film is or will be a parody, and is therefore protected. Lopez seeks $10 million in damages, plus costs, for invasion of privacy, violation of publicity rights and breach of contract.

She is represented by Matthew Panagiotis with Lavely & Singer, which has been involved in sex tape lawsuits involving Colin Ferrell, Cameron Diaz and Carolyn Murphy.

Related:  

Copyright © 2026 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Paysite Confidential: Inside the Creator Economy's Shift Toward Ownership

For years, the adult industry’s creator economy has been defined by platforms — powerful engines of discovery, monetization and scale that reshaped how performers connect with their audiences.

Senator Urges DOJ to Crack Down on 'Obscenity,' Attacks OnlyFans

U.S. Senator Jim Banks of Indiana this week urged Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche to reestablish the Department of Justice’s defunct Obscenity Prosecution Task Force in a letter that targets OnlyFans while repeatedly conflating “obscenity” with legal adult content.

UN Experts Urge US, Canada to Prosecute Aylo, Others for 'Exploitation'

GENEVA – The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has issued a press release in which two U.N. special rapporteurs, cited as experts, accuse Aylo and other companies of complicity in sexual exploitation.

Tennessee Governor Signs Bill Requiring Warnings on Adult Stores

Governor Bill Lee on Tuesday signed into law a bill requiring adult stores, theaters and other establishments in Tennessee to post warning signs cautioning patrons that they “may be contributing” to sexual assault and human trafficking.

Kickstarter Revokes New Rules Banning Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter announced Tuesday that it has reversed its recent decision to impose new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

Report: Irish Justice Minister Seeks UK-Style Ban on 'Extreme' Content

Ireland’s justice minister plans to introduce legislation criminalizing possession and distribution of “extreme” pornography, according to a report by the Irish Independent.

New Kickstarter Rules Ban Fundraising for Adult Content, Products

Crowdfunding platform Kickstarter has posted new “Mature Content” rules banning projects that involve adult content and sextech.

WebGroup Czech Republic Settles Florida AV Suit, Will Pay $1.2 Million

WebGroup Czech Republic (WGCZ), the parent company of XVideos, XNXX, BangBros and GirlsGoneWild, has settled a lawsuit filed by the state of Florida over those sites’ alleged failure to age-verify Florida users before allowing access to adult content.

AEBN Publishes Popular Searches for March, April

AEBN has published the top search terms for March and April from its straight and gay theaters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Ofcom Investigates Two Sites Over Possible AV Violations

U.K. media regulator Ofcom on Wednesday launched investigations into two adult sites as part of its age assurance enforcement program under the Online Safety Act (OSA).

Show More